Compliance Officer - Full Time
30k - 32k Depending on Experience
We are looking to recruit a Compliance Officer to join our busy team. Your will ensure all services comply with CQC's judgement framework and the Health and Social Care Regulations.
You will be required:
• To work as part of the inspection team in inspecting homes and services across geographical areas. Ensuring all services meet and exceed CQC’s framework and the Health and Social Care Regulations.
• To audit and review documentation and care provided across our services, systematically evaluating their quality and effectiveness in order to improve outcomes for service users.
• To work collaboratively to ensure that evidence based, person centred care is central to service provision, working alongside all levels of the organisation to promote and embed best practice.
• To report on areas of concern with concise reports on problem areas and actions required to ensure each service is compliant.
• To identify and report on risk levels to ensure appropriate and timely action is taken.
• To prepare Action Plans complete PIR in relation to CQC compliance reports and compliance actions, along with concise reports on problem areas and actions required to ensure each service is compliant.
• To maintain an up to date knowledge of CQC’s judgement framework and legislation.
• To advise services on the co-ordination of audit information and recommend improvements on existing evidence gathering mechanisms.
• To adhere to and put into practice all company policies and procedures as and when appropriate
NVQ4 In Health & Social Care
Or degree level equivalent
Must have Social Care Background.
• Strong communication and persuasion skills with the ability to effectively articulate reasoning that is based on robust evidence gathering
• Ability to foster effective working relationships with other staff and clients
• Ability to work independently and without guidance
• Attention to detail
• Strong analytical abilities
• Effective report writing skills
• Car owner and full driving licence in order to be able to travel across the services.
• Ability to work flexibly to undertake service inspections out of office hours.
• Experience of working in a Health and/or Social Care setting at management level
• Experience of using and interpreting information to assess risk and quality
• A track record of working successfully to implement best practice and innovation
• Experience of writing and presenting complex information to varied audiences
• Previous experience of working in an audit/quality assurance role
Previous Candidates need not apply.
Closing Date 28th April 2017