Cloud Architect - Bath
Through senior leadership and significant technical experience the role holder will accelerate public cloud adoption, guiding new and existing customers as they migrate to AWS and / or Azure cloud services. This will be achieved through advice and consultancy, collaborating with customers, partners and other teams to design scalable, flexible, and resilient public cloud architectures that address customer business requirements. As a trusted advisor on key accounts, they will work with customers to help them understand and exploit the full benefits of public cloud infrastructure, as business needs change and/or new features & services are released.
- Support presales engagements, presenting Cloud capabilities, solutions and services to customers and stakeholders,
- Understand customer requirements and translate these into advisory and/or managed service solutions, taking accountability for how the solution meets the customers' business requirements
- Lead Cloud professional service engagements, often onsite with customers, typically involving phases of discovery, analysis, requirements specification, high and low level design, and delivery, requiring the architect to be expert in the application of a range of consultancy tools, methods and approaches to support successful engagement outcomes
- Build deep relationships with senior technical and heads of department roles within customers to enable them to be public cloud advocates
- Provide line management of the Cloud Architecture team, mentoring & coaching where required on assigned opportunities.
- Provide Cloud infrastructure subject matter expertise as a consultative resource to Solution Architects as required to support other solution opportunities and product development
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Public Cloud developments, particularly Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure roadmaps, value propositions, best practice tools and methods
- Degree educated, preferably in an ICT, science or engineering related discipline.
- Significant experience in infrastructure and networks design and implementation
- Significant Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure design and implementation experience
- Certified Amazon AWS Solution Architect and/or Certified Microsoft Azure Solution Architect
- Prior experience working with customers in a consulting capacity, leading / delivering professional service engagements
- Strong team leadership, mentoring, coaching and development skills
- Diplomatic with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of communicating at all levels within an organisation.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, architects and developers
- Capable of working in multi-discipline teams but also on own initiative.
- Positive "can do" attitude.
- Prepared to travel to customer engagements as required.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.