Director Of Education
Are you looking for a new challenge where your passion for education and your Christian faith can flourish together? Could you lead and inspire staff in an innovative approach to education within the creative arts. We currently, offer a BA (Hons) in Popular Music and Worship in partnership with the University of West London and now require a Director of Education to pioneer the development and expansion of its courses.
This is a unique opportunity to bring creativity and flair to the world of higher education through a course which is designed to educate the whole person for work within the music industry and/or Christian ministry and then replicate that into other creative arts disciplines.
We are looking to appoint a forward thinking, organised and motivated individual as Director of Education to lead and innovate in the development of academic course provision as the Institute looks to expand its offering. Working with the Interim Director of the Institute as member of the senior management team, you will be responsible for ensuring all educational programmes meet the aims, mission and values of our organisation and that students are given opportunities to achieve the academic and wider educational aims of their course.
You will take on the responsibility of Course Leader for the Popular Music and Worship Degree working closely with our validating partner to ensure high academic standards of education are met and maintained.
As an ideal candidate, you will edemonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of education, preferably within the Higher Education sector, and be able to translate that into a faith based context of both popular music and contemporary worship culture and practice. You will understand and give strength to build our unique learning environment which recognises that creative learning and growth takes place both inside and outside the timetabled curriculum.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Provide a supportive and inspirational learning environment for students.
- Provide inspirational leadership to, and creative management of the entire educational experience.
- Network and build relationships with relevant professionals in the field of Higher Education.
- Research and lead development of education within the Institute
- Develop and deliver new and existing courses in line with our strategy
You will be working closely with the Head of Popular Music and the Head of Worship Studies who together are responsible for delivering the modules and extra-curricular activities related to the course. We deliberately design overlap and strategic conversation between modules so as to maintain the holistic learning environment that is a foundation of the delivery of the course.
Additional Salary Information:
Generous annual leave, pension & childcare voucher scheme.Essential Requirements:
We are looking for someone who has:
- a Masters degree or is working towards one
- a passion for teaching and learning
- excellent communication skills
- the ability to lead a team of staff and inspire students
- a consistent commitment to pursuing excellence in all aspects of life
The ideal candidate will have:
- a thorough knowledge and understanding of education, preferably within the Higher Education sector
- proven experience of leadership within Higher Education or a Christian vocation
- relevant experience developing higher education courses
- experience in educational research and innovation
- an ability lead and develop staff as they support students both academically and pastorally
- demonstrable organisational and administrative skills
- a proven ability to work as part of a team
We are a faith-based educational institution based in Coventry delivering a higher education course in Popular Music and Worship. With a vision to be Europe's leading Christian institute for vocational arts and technology training, you will be joining the organization at a time of expansion and development in the Higher Education sector and you will have the opportunity to bring shaping and direction to the educational journey of the Institute, working with colleagues to develop and strategically move the courses forward.
Our staff are dynamic, energetic, caring and devoted to providing our students with the best environment possible for learning in all areas of life. All staff are involved in a wide range of activities that are deliberately created to enhance the learning experience. We are future-facing, focused and committed to developing an educational platform that pushes the boundaries of expectation in the Higher Education sphere. Our mission and values statements (available on our website) permeate every area of life at and are fully upheld and demonstrated by each staff member.