Independent Clinical Services Group (ICS) is one of the largest providers of healthcare staffing services in Europe, with operations in the UK, Switzerland, Ireland, the USA and Australia. Its sales are over £600m and it has over 1,500 employees.
We currently have a position available for an experienced Accountant to join our Corporate Finance Team based at our Kings Cross, London offices.
The Corporate Finance team works very closely with the CEO, CFO and ICS Senior Management and primarily manages financing, tax, analysis, consolidation and all external reporting, as well as the group’s mergers and acquisitions.
About the role
A Group Accountant is required to join the corporate team with a remit to assist the team in all aspects of the financial management of the group and help create a Group Finance function operating at PLC standards.
Despite being financial reporting focused, it is an unusually wide-ranging role that will suit an accountant who is keen to be involved with the broader financial aspects of a private equity backed Group and has the desire and work ethic to broaden their range of financial experience.
You will primarily assist the Senior Group Accountant with consolidation of results and monthly and statutory reporting, as well assist the team with a variety of project work including M&A, budgeting, tax and financing/hedging, and the development of the new consolidation system (Board).
Key responsibilities include
Consolidation and Reporting
- Assisting with the ICS Group consolidation
- Developing and utilising the Group’s new consolidation and reporting system Board
- Preparing and owning holding company accounts
- Assisting with the preparation for the Monthly Board Report, including reconciliations of working capital and cash conversion
- Monthly and Quarterly Shareholder and Bank Reports
Statutory Audit and compliance
- Supporting the Senior Group Accountant with the year end statutory audit (supported by the Divisional Management Accountants)
- Assisting the group in corporate filings and compliance
Treasury and Tax
- Maintaining the model for forecasting the Group’s covenant position.
- Assisting on all Group corporate tax matters including computations
- Assisting on all Group corporate treasury matters, in particular management of cashflows, interest and capital payments, loans, and financial derivatives.
- Preparing ad-hoc presentations and analysis for the CEO, CFO and senior management team
- Supporting the Director of M&A on projects as required
- Assisting in the Group budgeting process
- Assisting in the Group’s insurance renewal
- Assisting in projects to develop the Corporate Finance functions systems and efficiencies
The successful candidate must be a Partially Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA preferred) with a bachelor’s degree. Strong Excel knowledge is required (V Look ups/Pivots at a minimum), with some systems experience. Knowledge of statutory reporting and audit and consolidation experience is essential. Knowledge of MS packages including Power point and Word is also essential for this position.
Knowledge of Great Plains/MS Dynamics systems is highly desirable for this role.
Candidates must be highly organised with the ability to prioritise their workload, alongside the ability to work well as part of a team. We are looking for a candidate who is driven and focused on quality and getting results.
Although the role is primarily London based, travel to other sites is expected as and when required.
ICS has been listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for four times in the last six years. We are a forward thinking organisation offering excellent training and orientation packages with on-going support and development to help you realise your potential and career aspirations. We believe that our success is based on your success. We offer a wide range of company benefits including 25 days annual leave and pension scheme.