Mergers & Acquisitions Insurance Partner
Insurance Partner - Mergers & Acquisitions
Salary up to £80K, Benefits & Package
Search Insurance is currently working in partnership with a Global Insurance Broker in the appointment of an Insurance Partner, to join their Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Team.
This role has become available due to the growing success of the M&A Team in the Northern Branches that have followed in the footsteps of their highly thriving Southern counterparts.
Our client is a leading speciality insurance broker, with long standing success in the UK Insurance Market. Working with top Global and National Insurers, they pride themselves on their ability to provide comprehensive and bespoke solutions to insurance risks, and their staff members who are professionally trained to a high technical level with strong market knowledge that can effectively advise their clients.
The M&A Team helps clients to identify alternative ways of approaching and negotiating deals, by combining extensive transactional experience with a deep understanding of the evolving M&A insurance market. The team focus on creating innovative solutions, delivered on time, tailored to meet the commercial needs of each deal.
Insurance Partner - M&A Team
The overall purpose of the role is to effectively and efficiently engage with Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) clients and to liaise with other branches and practice areas of the business, demonstrating an understanding of the transactional processes and the language used by the Corporate Finance community. This understanding is fused with a strong technical background to help clients evaluate the insurance and risk issues associated with their proposed M&A transactions, including claims and loss analysis. The role may also require broking and placement of risks, as required, in accordance with company procedures. Duties will also include structure and preparation of client and insurer documentation as necessary to fulfil the service need.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Preparation of project timetables
- Letters of Engagement
- Liaise with transaction parties, including the central insurance due diligence team and other offices to deliver projects to fruition - on time
- Review of Data Rooms and other information sources and record information received in good order for audit, internal review and co-worker engagement at any time
- Evaluate and provide technical contribution, as projects dictate. This may involve client or target acquisition visits
- Provide input for broking and placement of risks
- Prepare correspondence, documentation and other communication for issue to clients and other client representatives as necessary and in accordance with the timescales laid down
- Create and maintain records of communication with clients and insurers
- Liaise with and provide technical advice and input to external client service teams to ensure the needs of the client are being met
- Deliver as part of the team to agreed client service requirements
- Ensure that all statutory and company regulations are followed to protect clients, colleagues and the business interests of the company
- Attendance at Company and Corporate Finance industry events to build relationships and promote the Company's M&A practice
- Support the M&A team in client entertainment, which may involve weekends away and overseas trips
- Support M&A team marketing and communications
The Successful Candidate
To be considered for this position candidates must have strong commercial or corporate insurance experience either from an insurer or broker background, with a proven track record of professional growth and accomplishments during their career to date.
Additionally candidates must have the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Good IT skills and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office programmes
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Corporately presented
- ACII (or progress towards qualification)
- Other insurance or risk management qualification or Diploma
- A background or experience in M&A Due Diligence work assessing and advising on risk and insurance.
Along with a competitive salary, tailored to individuals and their skill sets, my client also offer a number of other benefits including:
- Annual Bonus
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
- Assistance with studying for Professional Qualifications
- Sports and Leisure Clubs
If you meet the criteria for the Insurance Partner position, please apply. Or for more information please contact Natalie Ward directly on Leeds 308 8061, or connect via LinkedIn.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.