Senior Software Engineer
Our client is a world-class transportation provider. They are an established manufacturer and are rapidly expanding globally.
Their systems support mass transit schemes - bus, rail, tram and ferry operators via automatic fare collection platforms, fleet management systems, hosted back offices and real time information technology.
They are an award winning company who invest in their staff and continually invent and commit to ecodesign and environmental impact reduction.
They are now looking for an experienced Software Engineer to support Rail Ticketing embedded products, including the integration of contactless smartcard payment technologies.
- You will be a customer oriented Software Engineer with a good attention to detail and thoughtful throughout the development process.
- Carry out Object Oriented Design and Programming, UML, have some knowledge of Design Patterns.
- C/C++ Embedded Software Development using the Visual Studio Environment.
- C# / .NET Software Development using the Visual Studio Environment.
- Windows XP Embedded environment; Windows 8.
- Programming for Real Time Systems.
- Be familiar with using Source Control VSTFS, SVN, CVS.
- Any experience in Transport Ticketing (especially RJIS/RSP/RCS) or Point of Sale Terminals or Contactless Smartcard; ITSO environments will be advantageous.
- HMI design and implementation experience is also desirable but not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation, who constantly invests the latest technologies to ensure they remain at the forefront of their market. Their order book is solid. Turnover in the department is very low and a good team culture exists.
This is an ideal opportunity to further develop your engineering career within an innovative company and opportunities exist for career minded individuals to progress into senior technical and management roles.
Based in Poole on the Dorset coast with its bustling quay, some of the best beaches in the UK and a stunning natural harbour. There is easy access to the Dorset countryside, the New Forest and the spectacular Jurassic Coast.
A competitive salary c. £55,000 p.a. - Monday - Friday - 37.5 hours + 25 days holidays + phone + laptop + life assurance + pension scheme - employer contributes up to 6% + medical plan available after qualifying period.