The Refurbishment Centres are part of Electricity Transmission Asset Management and complete the refurbishment of high voltage transmission switchgear. The refurbishment process extends the life of the equipment and provides the most cost effective method of managing certain types of asset. The refurbishment centre recovers equipment, completes refurbishment activities that are mainly mechanical in nature and then provides delivery to Substations on an exchange basis.
Duties and responsibilities
- Strip down and reassemble parts on complex mechanical engineering equipment
- Inspect and grade individual parts of intricate equipment
- Will be the Person in Charge (PIC) outside of the management team
- Working with other team members across all disciplines to ensure process excellence in line with policies
- Main interfaces - stores, painters, fitters and management team
- NVQ Level 2 or 3
- City & Guilds in mechanical engineering discipline
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical engineering
- Must have a background as a Mechanical Fitter ideally within a heavy industry
- Experience of delivering performance improvement in an operational and maintenance related discipline.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Forklift truck and crane operating licence
- Coaching and/or mentoring experience is preferable but not essential
- Planning & Organising
- Process Excellence
- Customer Service
- Attention to detail
- Team Working
The candidate must be physically fit, and be able to potentially stand for long periods of time, and deal with large mechanical parts.