COMPLIANCE ADVISORY - BIRMINGHAM - GLOBAL BANK - up to £45,000
A global banking group is looking for an ambitious and career focused individual to join a market leading Compliance Advisory team. The bank is in a Market leading position across EMEA and APAC, it is looking to grow a hugely successful and dynamic compliance advisory team. The bank offers a culture whereby you are given autonomy and responsibility from the outset, as well as career progression and a work-life balance that is largely unrivalled within investment banking.
Supporting the Head Of Compliance your role will focus on the ongoing advice in relation to Regulatory Risk and Compliance activities. You will play an active part in the implementation and monitoring of policies being rolled out. Providing and driving efficiencies as and were necessary. Provide advice to the banks group business owners and conduct investigations as and where necessary. Other key functions will include:
- Keep abreast of regulatory rule changes and developments, assess their impact and, as appropriate, advise and assist business head to progress any necessary changes
- Support Group / Bank regulated projects, providing specialist technical guidance and support
- Act as a center of excellence for the Group in embedding compliant practices within the first line operations, including being involved in ad-hoc post implementation queries following legislative changes
- Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of the bank and its customers
- Advise and assist the business in ensuring that their controls are fit for purpose and effective
- Produce timely, management reports identifying areas of non-compliance with internal policy, regulatory requirements and the internal control framework
- Develop a constructive and collaborative relationship with business areas
This is a core advisory role within a growing bank. Previous experience within compliance advisory is a must. Please get in touch for more details.