Our client, a fast growing and ambitious privately owned SME business located on the outskirts of Doncaster, is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their busy, fast paced team in this newly created role due to business growth.
It is imperative that you have strong working experience of the majority of the duties below along with an enthusiastic nature and passion for accounts. Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts for some group entities
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Analysis of the P&L and delving into any variances to look at reasons for issues
- Assist with group consolidated management accounts
- Banking and bank reconciliations
- Weekly cashflow reporting
- Weekly KPI reporting
- Statutory reporting including VAT, P11D's and other statutory returns
- Communicate financial data across differing functional and hierarchic audiences
- Assist with budgets and forecasting
This is a very hands on role and the successful candidate will play a pivotal part within the business so will ideally have experience within a similar role. Excellent Excel skills are essential as well as a good working knowledge of Sage. You will be actively studying early stages CIMA or ACCA and have good all round accounts, including preparation of management accounts.
On offer is a competitive starting salary and the chance to join a progressive company during an exciting period of growth.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.