Document Controller / PMCS Engineer
My client has a unique position available for the right candidate I am looking for a document controller / PMCS Engineer for the re-development of Battersea Power Station.
Reporting directly to the Project Director, the Document Controller / PMCS Engineer drives the scheduling, procedure controlling and database management for designated projects. Will also assist the Project Director to prepare any Project reports, prepare and maintain schedules, develop and review Project baselines, monitor and track progress. Responsible for the protection and promotion of the interest of the Company in all matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Project Director to establish numbering scheme for identification of all Project activities and documents.
- Assist the Project Director to prepare and maintenance the schedule of Project Activities.
- Update Project Management Control System with input from Project Director and Construction Manager.
- Implement Database log of all documents.
- Ensure that the Project produce structured data compatible with the Numbering Procedures.
- Assist the Project Director in producing reports suitable for the needs of the Owner and the Project team.
- Assist the Project Director in producing Project Monthly Report
- Assist the Project Director to develop and update cost loaded schedules when required.
- Take the lead on all project schedule reviews.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
A minimum of three years of scheduling experience with document control software and applications on building projects. Basic knowledge of project management or purchasing is desirable. Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices. Conceptual ability to work with minimum information. Excellent oral and written skills required. Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs especiall excel.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud