Treasury Manager - Worthing
Based in Worthing
£32,000 - £48,000 plus study support and further benefits
Tony Alan Recruitment currently has an excellent job opportunity for a Treasury Manager to join a leading organisation in the Worthing area on a permanent contract.
This role will initially report to the Group Treasurer, the successful candidate will be required to work closely with the Treasury team and other areas of the business including the senior finance team as necessary. The treasury team provides a support service to functions across the organisation, it does not seek to make a return or "profit" from its risk management activities, but is responsible for management of Group interest income, notably the income derived from Client cash balances.
The key duties for this position will include:
- Reporting, control, optimisation and realisation of Group Interest income
- Managing money market / higher rate deposits to identify amounts available for investment in order to maximise interest earned
- Managing third party Client Money deposits
- Prepare annual interest income and payables budget, quarterly forecasts and ad hoc analyses
- Produce relevant MI for business and external stakeholders as required
- Participate in treasury management systems appraisal and implementation
- Co-administer Balance and Transactions Reporting systems for corporate accounts
- Maintain Treasury policies and procedures manual
- Manage bank overdraft, BACS, Daylight and CREST limits
- Manage bank tariffs, aim to reduce bank charges, ensure prompt upload to the accounting system, and advise on recharges to clients
- Act as a banking advisor to CRM and Operations teams, including tenders and client quotations, advise on client banking complaints
- Ad hoc projects delegated by Treasurer
This position would suit someone who has gained experience working within a finance team, touching on cash flow forecasting, communicating with the banks and actively studying towards the final stages of an accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA) or newly qualified. This is an opportunity to develop and further your career within Treasury. Previous experience within the financial services sector would be beneficial but not essential.
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position then please apply with your CV.
REFER A FRIEND SCHEME:If you refer a candidate to us and they are placed you will be eligible for a cash reward! Due to the high number of CV’s we receive we are unable to respond to all applications therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume you are unsuccessful in this instance.