Sous Chef - Popular Gastro Pub
SOUS CHEF REQUIRED - POPULAR FOOD FOCUSSED PUB - BRITISH SEASONAL MENU - LARGE GARDEN - £14K A WEEK ON FOOD - SALARY FROM £25,000 TO £27,000 + BENEFITS
Having undergone a major transformation a couple of years ago, this venue has become a very popular venue for locals and visitors in the area. Set in an expanding residential area, this pub offers an excellent fresh food menu focussed around British Seasonal Ingredients.
The site is generating approximately £14,000 per week on food, with very busy lunch and early evening services and particularly high numbers for Sunday lunch.
A friendly and hard working team, we are looking to appoint a strong Sous Chef to support the Head Chef and deputise for them in their absence. This is a fantastic stepping stone to be trained up to take over your own kitchen as this is a high profile site for the company.
As Sous Chef your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting and organising the kitchen team during service, providing support to the junior team members and helping out to ensure smooth service
- Work with the Head Chef and provide assistance on menu development and specials
- Control the kitchen team in the absence of the Head Chef
- Help with training and developing junior team members
- Become involved with kitchen management and learn all aspects of the paperwork required to run a successful kitchen
The kitchen should be running with a brigade of 8 chefs and due to fluctuations in trade it requires someone who can handle a high number of covers coming through in a short space of time and keep consistency across the food quality, you will:
- Have gained experience in a busy kitchen environment, preferably from a pub or restaurant venue
- Has worked in a small brigade of between 5 and 10 chefs
- Can follow company guidelines for dish presentation
- Is used to working within a large company environment
- Is comfortable with British pub food as there is a requirement for traditional dishes as well as creating your own specials
As an employer, the business is has a high number of venues in and around London with a great deal of opportunity for career development and progression.
The company are offering a high range of benefits, including:
- A starting salary between £25,000 up to £27,000
- A 46 hour contract over 5 working days
- Paid for authorised overtime
- Sous Chef bonus scheme after qualifying period
- Excellent training & develop scheme
- 28 days holiday
- Friendly team environment
If this position is of interest to you we would love to hear from you.
We value all applications, however, due to volume numbers we are only able to contact candidates whose skills and experience closely match the requirements of our clients.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility. In line with the requirements of the Employment Agencies Act 1973 we are prohibited from charging work-seekers for work finding services.