Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Chipping Norton
Salary: £42,500 - £45,000pa DOE
Our client is an exclusive, leisure 'retreat' which attracts well-healed clientele who associate the brand with luxury & sophistication. Quality of service is paramount to our client and they offer the very highest levels of hospitality and 'guest experience' to their customers. In turn, they expect their employees to maintain this level of professional service in everything they do.
The client is looking to hire a talented Finance Manager from a hospitality-related background, who will report to the resort's General Manager and the Group's UK FD. The ideal candidate will be resilient in nature and will have proven previous experience of running the day-to-day financial operations of a luxury resort or high-end hospitality destination. In return, you will be well rewarded, your hard work will be recognised and you will work in the most enjoyable and aesthetically pleasing of work environments. (A full job description will be provided upon application to all relevant applicants).
- Ongoing implementation of financial processes and controls across the whole site.
- Preparing weekly reporting including variance analysis (actuals, forecast and budget) and associated commentary for the site.
- Reconciling reported margins against budget (food & beverage margins) and investigating any anomalies.
- Production of monthly management accounts, with variance analysis vs budget.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations for key areas of stock, prepayments and accruals.
- Carrying out sales reconciliation between POS and Sage on a monthly basis.
- Intercompany recharges.
- Turnover statements and reconciliations for on-site 3rd party outlets.
- Attending trading meetings and P&L meetings to discuss and review site performance.
- Liaising and meeting with divisional managers to discuss operational results.
- Monitoring of site KPIs.
- Keeping track of overhead spend at site vs. budget.
- Supporting on-site banking managers with daily banking.
- Review of banking reconciliations.
- Monitoring and following up on site debtors.
- Monitoring and control of stock requisitioning across the site through supervision of Purchasing Co-ordinator and ensuring processes and controls are being adhered to in the on-site warehouse.
- Assist in the production of annual budget.
- Provide day to day financial support for managers on site.
- Additional ad-hoc duties as requested.
Key skills & experience:
- A fully qualified or senior part-qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) with excellent accounting experience and preferably from a multi-site leisure / hospitality background.
- Strong and robust character, confident in challenging at all levels.
- Ability to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work under own initiative and collaborate across departments.
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- "Solution driven" as opposed to "problem focusing".
- Advanced Excel skills and ideally experience with Sage Accounts package, Opera and Micros
If you believe that you have the requisite skills and experience, please apply today with an up-to-date CV. Short-listed applicants will be contacted by Alex Dawson and sent a full job description for further discussion.