Payroll Manager - Glasgow
Change Public Practice are working with a Chartered Accountancy firm in Glasgow to assist them in the recruitment of a Payroll Manager.
This business is one of Scotland’s leading independent firms of chartered accountants and business advisors who advise high calibre clients across all sectors in Scotland and offer expert business insights at every opportunity. This role will give you the opportunity to develop your career within a business that focuses on not only hiring, but also retaining, high calibre members of staff and offers excellent benefits including a strong focus on work/life balance.
· Manage all of the payroll clients and ensure that they are receiving high quality work from the payroll team
· Ensuring that all legislative requirements are met
· Ensuring that all deadlines are met
· Meeting with or make regular calls to ensure that all requirements are covered
· Meet with and provide quotes for potential new clients
· Prepare fees and review fee levels
· Direct line management of payroll employees including assisting junior employees with payroll training and auto-enrolment training as required
· Develop and maintain appropriate procedures within the department that ensure a high quality of service delivery and maximises efficiencies
· Work with other managers, senior managers and directors across the team and firm to liaise with them on client requirements, service delivery and implementing solutions
· Reviewing the team’s work in progress, chargeable hours and recoveries, where appropriate, challenges client facing employees on these and encourage appropriate fee preparation
This role will also give you the opportunity to move from being operationally effective to have a strategic focus and work with the Senior Payroll Manager in strategic decision making.
· Ideally you will have Payroll experience gained from working within a Public Practice firm, however, experience of processing high volume payrolls from other industries will also be considered
· Must currently be operating at a Manager level
· Team management experience would be desirable