Account Manager B2B
My client is the leading technology distributor in the UK, partnered with over 300 global technology brands and 11,000 resellers, e-commerce operators and retailers. Due to continued growth, they are looking to appoint a dedicated, driven and proactive B2B Account Manager to join their dynamic and growing team at their Basingstoke site. In addition to a great basic salary of up to £22,000 the successful candidate will enjoy uncapped commission schemes along with pension contribution, healthcare and additional benefits including a dynamic environment and a fantastic company culture.
Working as part of a team and reporting to the Sales Manager, the B2B Account Manager is accountable for establishing and developing a customer account base in the reseller market. Proactively managing the sales of products into the account base to exceed monthly profit targets and achieve Key Performance Indicators in line with company expectations. The ideal Account Manager will have Sales/Account Manager experience, ideally in the IT distribution world. The role will involve account management along with new business, so as Account Manager you will be self motivated, driven and hungry for success.
- Managing own performance against key performance indicators; including but not limited to Gross Profit, call activity, margin and traded accounts with the support of the Sales Manager
- Lead sourcing and qualifying new accounts with the potential to do business
- Targeting and profiling potential leads to establish opportunities for new business and encourage new customers to open an account
- Building relationships with the key stakeholders in the account base - maintaining regular contact to Introduce new manufacturers, products and technologies to current customers to achieve sales growth
- Developing and demonstrating industry leading product knowledge and proactively keeping abreast of new trends / products in the market by attending product and vendor training, researching and self-study
- Engaging the Sales Manager, vendors and / or the commercial team to identify and report large sales opportunities that may require additional support to secure business
- Identifying accounts with significant profit or product opportunity warranting additional support or focus and arranging visits for the BDM and / or Sales manager
- Working with the Sales Manager to review the factors affecting target achievement such as non-traders, stock availability and competition to revise the approach and take appropriate action where necessary
- Demonstrating high levels of motivation to drive towards targets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis ensuring consistently high levels of team morale
- Building internal relationships to encourage synergy with other departments such as Commercial, Customer Service and Credit Control
- Working towards performance objectives agreed with the Sales Manager and taking appropriate action on any feedback on performance
- Taking accountability for opportunities and training to develop skills, knowledge and behaviour according to the personal development plan (PDP) agreed with the Sales Manager
- Maintaining a high performing work ethic in line with company values and management expectations
- Resolving internal and external issues promptly and professionally - escalating to the Sales Manager where necessary
- Using the internal systems to track performance
- Developing the skills to deliver ad hoc presentations where required such as covering for the Sales Manager or at customer meetings
- Attending daily team meetings to learn about incentives and promotions and to communicate important product messages to entire account base
- Gathering and recording accurate, timely and relevant CRM data in order for it to be used to develop stronger relationships and maximise profit opportunity
- Maintaining electronic price feeds to customers through the internal system to ensure that all prices are up to date and accurate and that the correct margin parameters are in place
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.