Based in Horsham (must be a car driver due to the location)
£20,000 - £26,000 per annum plus bonus
Tony Alan Recruitment currently has an exciting job opportunity for a Credit Controller to join a growing company in the Horsham area on a permanent basis.
Your duties will include:
- Ensure debtors settle accounts in accordance with their terms of business
- Ensure the client has all the relevant information to pay invoices on time including re-issuing invoices and chasing purchase orders where necessary
- Proactive chasing of clients by telephone, email and/or letter to ensure overdue bills are paid within set timescales and collections are maximised in order to achieve monthly targets
- Liaise with the Sales and Customer Care teams in order to resolve queries and disputes where a debtor is withholding payment
- Ensure allocation of payments to client accounts is administered in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain a disciplined approach to recovery of outstanding monies, whilst maintaining beneficial, professional relationships with customers
- Produce and issue monthly statements to customers on request
- Management of the monthly Direct Debits including resolving rejected and cancelled DDs
- Setting up and processing refunds as and when necessary
- Set up new customers on the accounts system
- Ensure detailed and up to date notes of customer contacts and status re debt is maintained
- Manage the invoicing process (creating and sending invoices) and make recommendations for process improvements
- Carry out end of month reporting to deadline
- Report to management on outstanding issues ensuring early communication of potential debtor problems to enable prompt resolution
- Management of accounts referred for external debtor collection including instruction of and liaising with solicitors as appropriate
- Proven background and experience in a finance environment
- Experience of working in a Credit Control position is essential
- Good communication skills
- Competent in the use of computers including Microsoft Excel and customer relationship management systems
- Experience using Sage Line 50 Accounts preferable, but not essential
- You must be a car driver due to the location
You will be joining a developed team where support will be available enabling you to gain further and expand on your current experience. Due to company growth, a supervisory position may be available in the future.
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position then please apply with your CV.
REFER A FRIEND SCHEME: If you refer a candidate to us and they are placed you will be eligible for a cash reward!
Due to the high number of CV’s we receive we are unable to respond to all applications therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume you are unsuccessful in this instance.