My client is a leading manufacturer in their field supporting the Technology Sector. They are privately owned and pride themselves on having a family run ethos. The company have close to 100 staff at their site in Newcastle upon Tyne as well as offices globally. The Company is in a very strong financial position with a strong order book and has made significant changes and investment to allow them to be a key player in their sector.
To support the company growth plans, a new position has been created in the Engineering Team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone either looking to advance their career or perhaps broaden their experience and responsibilities due to the nature of the role.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, your main responsibility will be coordinating and introducing new products, processes, manufacturing techniques and equipment into the business.
This is a wide and varied role and will involve contact with both internal and external stakeholders therefore you must be proactive, good with people and open to occasional travel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and introduce new products, processes, manufacturing techniques and equipment into the business.
- Design, develop and test tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Engineering project management
- Implement lean processes
- Develop and collect data to measure the effectiveness of processes.
- Improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Deliver training to team members.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Able to analyse manufacturing processes and define and implement solutions for improvement.
- Able to take a a process and product from development into production.
- Project management skills - concept to commissioning.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Effective organisational skills - able to prioritise activities and lead projects through to completion.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deliver solutions.
- Motivated, with a proactive approach.
- Results-driven combined with a customer-focused attitude.
- Ability to work in a team and build effective relationships.
- Positive attitude towards working in a changing environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- CAD skills.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools.
- Manufacturing/Process industry/Chemical industry background.