Looking to join an organisation to accelerate your career with the view to become a Bid Manager. An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Bid/Proposal Executive to work for a large engineering and support services provider based in Gloucestershire.
The organisation is at FTSE100 business; the UK's leading provider of specialist aircraft services and engineering support providing tailored packages for critical services across UK. You'll be working as part of the organisation's Business Development team to support proposals and bids for business opportunities.
The Bid/Proposal Executive will be required to undertake the development, production and coordination of comprehensive proposal documentation, in response to client PQQ and ITT questions.
Subject to the scale and timing of any given bid, the Bid/Proposal Executive will be required to coordinate bid writing activity with a larger team of writers during the competition stage.
- Writing both technical and non-technical documentation
- Responsible for the managing and coordinating the writing and compilation of proposal documents.
- Writing, preparing and formatting complex Word, PDF and Excel, Visio and Power Point documents. Responsible for the editing text produced by others, including senior members of the team.
- Co-ordination and management of functional contributions to ensure bid documentation is submitted on time.
- Responsible for the coordination of the responses of individuals responsible for fulfilling parts of the bid process.
- Management of the processes and procedures for the production of bid documentation.
- Maintaining effective document management and version control for bid and bid related documentation.
- Responsible for the management of the editorial process for the bid throughout its full lifecycle.
- Working with the Bid Manager, Technical Managers and subject matter experts to develop proposals and effect plans to respond to deliverables.
- Responsible for the lead writing of tender responses liaising with subject matter experts.
- Assist with compiling final documentation as required.
- Support presentation development during the tender process.
Key Knowledge and Skills required:
- Ability to write clear, concise and articulate text
- Ability to understand technical and commercial aspects of the bid in order to create copy
- Professional and highly organised - ability to work under pressure, plan workload, complete admin tasks, operate to guidelines and communicate with the teams
- A good knowledge of all of Microsoft Office and PDF documents, including Word (using Styles) Visio and PowerPoint
If you are interested in finding out more information about the Bid/Proposal Executive position please contact Francesca Robinson on or email