Design Engineer - Fabric Architecture
£30,000 - £40,000 + Performance related bonus
Salary is negotiable dependant experience and ability
Clifton Shard has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join my client in Swindon on a on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client providesprofessional services in the design, engineering and construction of tensile fabric structures and tensioned fabric architecture. They work on a variety of interesting and innovative projects in the construction industry including fabric buildings, stadium and arena roofing, canopies and façades.
Due to the continued success of the business we are now seeking a motivated and ambitious Design Engineer with a strong commercial focus.
As the Design Engineer, you will play an integral role in the success of the business and will be involved in all stages of each project, from assisting in the tender process through to final handover to the client.
- Provide a practical and cost effective design service
- Responsible for producing technical design solutions within cost plan
- Attend client meetings as required, building strong client relationships
- Liaise with clients on design issues and to build sound and trustworthy relationships.
- Assist in improving designs, whilst maximising service and ensuring maximum profitability for the business without compromising quality of design.
- Attend site visits and inspections with client when required
- Assist with monitoring project cost controls
We are looking for a talented and driven Design Engineer with relevant experience in the Construction Industry. Candidates with experience within an Architectural practice, steel fabrication or façade design will hold an advantage, although other experience will be considered.
This opportunity offers fantastic progression opportunities, working in this growing business you play a key part in the overall success, and we are looking for ambitious Engineers driven to progress into a Senior Design role within the next 2-3 years.
You will be confident, professional and be an excellent communicator, who enjoys working directly with the client and building strong working relationships.
- Previous experience of design within the construction industry
- Knowledge of the main requirements of Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations 2015
- Excellent AutoCAD draughting skills in 2D & 3D to UK construction design standards
This is a unique and exciting opportunity that offers the chance to work with one of the top tensile architecture companies in Europe and progress your career to Senior Management in the next 2 -3 years.
If you are interested, please apply online today with a covering letter outlining your reasons and key experience in relation to this role.
If you have questions or would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail before applying, please contact Lisa Tancock who will be happy to discuss with you in more detail.