Product Specialist Car Dealership
With your passion for new products, technology and customer service you will play a key role within the Dealership. You will enhance the customer experience by sharing your knowledge of the Brand and products with potential owners, supporting the buying process.
You will work effectively with the rest of the Dealership Team, bringing skills and knowledge that will inspire customers, build commitment and loyalty and ultimately increase sales.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As a Product Specialist you will:
- Provide a prompt and friendly first point of contact for customers, whether that's in the showroom or when responding to telephone or digital enquiries. This may involve Showroom presentation, including vehicles on display and point of sales materials.
- Review and respond to customer leads with the Sales Team, including the use of video technology.
- Complete all paperwork and IT input to the highest standards in line with Company, Manufacturer and FCA requirements.
- Be eager to learn and to share your knowledge with customers, using available resources and your own initiative to grow an understanding of Nissan products and technologies as well as developments across the automotive industry.
- Listen to customers to understand their needs, questions and aspirations, creating a non-pressurised, non-threatening sales environment.
- Promote the brand, products and technologies, sharing information, features and benefits in a friendly, understandable way.
- Complete product presentations, test-drives and vehicle handovers, enhancing the customer experience at every point of contact. Ensure that demonstrators are clean, fueled and available for all Sales staff. Conduct new and used vehicle handovers or pre-handovers at a time that suits the customer, helping them to better understand their new car and latest technologies.
- Embrace the latest technology available, including tablets and video, to help customers through the car buying process
- Share your knowledge and expertise within the Dealership. Present new products and technology to the rest of the Sales/Aftersales Team, as necessary. Work with Aftersales staff to address any product related enquiries, ie Bluetooth pairing and accessory requirements.
- Support off-site events, acting as an ambassador for your Dealership and for the Nissan Brand
- Work with others within the Dealership Team to build effective relationships, and specifically transfer customers to Sales Executives to complete other elements of the buying process (especially negotiation and finance which you will not be responsible for). Sales Executives will also transfer customers to you to complete certain processes
- Report on your daily activity to your Sales Manager. Complete any Manufacturer reports as and when required.
13.Ensure through training and your own efforts that you have a broad and comprehensive understanding of all the products on offer and the marketing plans in place.
- Maintain high standards of manner, appearance and integrity.
- Attend training courses as requested.