Our London client is recruiting for a Pensions Consultant.
The role involves working as part of a growing team of pensions professionals committed to providing a first class service to an expanding client base of UK Pension Schemes that are both Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution in nature.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage client relationships, including oversight of administration, actuarial, investment and consultancy services.
- Delivery of ongoing consultancy services to Trustee and / or corporate clients.
- Provide support to the lead consultant on the co-ordination and delivery of services on selected larger Trustee and / or corporate clients.
- Manage the client meeting process, to include;
- Preparation of meeting agendas to incorporate key areas of focus.
- Preparation, collation, and issue of meeting papers in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Attendance at client meetings (with responsibility for delivery of papers as appropriate).
- Preparation of meeting minutes in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Follow up on agreed actions, and ensure completion within agreed timescales.
- Manage / support as appropriate the completion of ad-hoc project activity, including for exampl
- Member or employee communications (e.g. newsletter).
- Member nominated trustee appointment process.
- Preparation and completion of Trustees' Report and Accounts.
- Scheme wind up project.
- Provide advice to clients on good governance processes; including for example, risk registers, internal control documents, and integrated risk management processes.
- Lead and manage regulatory reporting activities for clients including The Pensions Regulator's annual Scheme Return, HMRC Event Reporting and ONS Returns.
- Attend and participate in internal meetings focussed on technical issues and business development opportunities.
- Assist with monthly client billing process.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of pensions and the regulatory framework.
- Experience of working on defined benefit and defined contribution schemes.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral.
- Possess a customer focus, responding to client needs and building relationships.
- Possess the ease and confidence to build those relationships with key individuals at a more senior level.
- Be a good team player - working with others across departments and assisting with the development of less experienced members of the team.
- Good at problem solving.
- Strong in planning and organising - with a focus on meeting targets and establishing clear processes.
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of issues.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in a similar role would be desirable.
- Willing to undertake travel in the UK to support the business.
- Able to manage own work allocation, to work as part of a client team.
Skills and knowledge
- Good IT skills - must be competent with MS Word and Excel.
- Ideally either PMI qualified or studying for PMI exams.
- Commercially focused.