IT Service Desk Manager
Our highly esteemed Basingstoke client is currently looking for an experienced IT Service Desk Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is a hands-on role which will require to the chosen candidate to deal with everything from triage and the diagnosis of issues & root cause analysis to the technical administration and support of operational systems. You will ensure continuous 24/7 service to users through on-call rotation.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Providing hands on application and technical support by responding to client issues, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC software, operating system and hardware to ensure optimal performance
- Maintaining the inventory of all hardware and software, ensuring licence compliancy and proof of purchase are available for relevant sites
- Leading and managing the wider service desk team to ensure SLAs are met and processes and procedures are followed
- Ensuring that the IT systems are monitored so that remedial actions can be taken prior to issues resulting in production outages
- Performing system administration and support for 'local' applications systems
- Interacting with internal and external teams as well as third party vendors to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
- Ensuring incidents, problems and all non-technical documentation is up to date
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of the IT budget. Supporting financial aspects of the IT function, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review
- Taking an active role in shaping the future IT environment
- Other ad hoc tasks as and when required
The ideal candidate:
- Should ideally have experience in a similar role within a small/medium seized IT operation with service desk management experience and have a thorough understanding of priorities and business impact
- Must have experience in leading technical support teams
- Must have experience in a hands-on application support lead role
- Must be experienced in supporting and administering cloud based and on-prem Microsoft environments & productivity suites
Please be aware that we are currently receiving a high volume of applications and will endeavour to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 3/5 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions.
Office Angels is an Equal Opportunities Employer, and works as a Recruitment Agency for Temporary and Permanent vacancies.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.