Senior Head of IT
Senior Head of IT required for a large Public Sector organisation based in the West Midlands. The organisation is undergoing significant change in the way they deliver their services, uses their information and interacts with customers. A significant part of this change will be underpinned by the replacement of existing corporate systems and the development / implementation of new IT services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery and development of reliable and secure IT technical services, both in support of BAU and changing business needs. You will be responsible for the operational management of the IT "back office" function. You will manage the robust and secure provision of IT services, including the infrastructure, application support, development and test functions. Supported by functional teams, you will set out the technical roadmap and assist in the development and delivery of the Technology strategy.
- To ensure the delivery of IT services to the organisation
- To manage the work of the Infrastructure, Testing, Application support and development Teams, including line management and professional/technical development of staff
- To support the technical element of systems, change projects
- To manage the transition of new IT services from project to business as usual
- Ensure that IT services are reliable and secure, maintaining best practice in security, testing and change control
- Deliver and support fit for purpose software, both COTS and bespoke
- Ensure that the IT infrastructure is robust and scalable to meet the organisation’s changing requirements
- Contribute to DR and BCP planning, ensuring that appropriate arrangements are in place to support the organisation’s continuity plans
- A background in one or more of the functional areas supervised is essential
- Experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team, preferably split over several locations.
- Experience of delivering and supporting core IT infrastructure services, including networks, physical and virtual servers, telecoms and video-conferencing services
- Experience of developing requirements specifications for procurement, including user needs, process changes and 'fit’ with technical architecture
- Experience of managing and developing BAU services
- Involvement in the delivery of pure IT projects, and business projects with a significant IT element.
- Knowledge of best practice in software development
- Experience of Government procurement methods would be useful
This role will manage teams based in both the West Midlands and North West and be required to travel to travel to the North West on a regular basis.
For further information please contact, Sophie Peters, Associate Director at Seymour John