Assistant Management Accountant - £25,000 to £33,000 + Study
The Part-Qualified Finance division at SF Group are supporting a lease hire business in Nottingham to recruit an Accountant. You will work in a great, brand new office, easily commutable via the M1 and A52 from Nottingham, and also easy to reach from Derby, Chesterfield and Mansfield. You will report into the Financial Controller.
As the successful Accountant your duties will include:
- Profit & Loss reporting; ensuring a high quality of information in a timely manner
- 1st Level production of the Monthly management accounts for submission to the Financial Controller
- Reporting of cost/ revenue types to the business
- Gathering management information and data to report on specific areas in the business to aid management control
- Assisting with completion of statutory accounts
- Provide Accounting support to operational management
- Development of commercial accounting methods within the business
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset register
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations; control and reconciliation of all Intra and Inter-company accounts
- Calculating and reconciling depreciations, prepayments, and posting associated journals
- Stock Management, Control & Reporting
- Sales Reporting
- Budgets, Analysis and forecasting
The ideal candidate will be Part or Newly Qualified (CIMA/ACCA) and looking to step into a progressive and commercially astute team. You will have Excel to an intermediate level - Pivot Table and V-Lookup as a minimum. You will be a keen to partner with various levels of the business and across departments when required.
The successful Accountant will:
- Be Part Qualified within ACCA or CIMA or qualified.
- Have current experience within Microsoft, Excel and Access
- Have between 3 and 5 years recent experience in a similar role
- Possess a high degree of professionalism and the ability to work closely with an established Financial Controller
- Have Advanced Excel Skills including data manipulation with Pivot Tables, Charts and basic formulas as a minimum
- Be driven, ambitious, organised and methodical with a talent for problem solving
This job will perfectly suit an Assistant Accountant who is very professional and studious. You will be looking to promote your self to more of a Financial/Management Accountant level by securing this position through SF Group. You will be part way through your CIMA/ACCA studies and have received previous exposure to some or all of the tasks above. Understanding the finance function from the ground up, you must be very keen to get involved in process improvement and learn a lot on the job from senior mentors. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career in Finance if you are a hard-working, currently studying and would like the next step to becoming a Management Accountant.