IT Business Development Manager
IT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
About the Company:
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 4 divisions; IT Services, Office Supplies, Interiors and Print, the £60m+ turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019 so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!
We currently have a vacancy for a Business Development Manager (BDM) within our IT Services Division. As a leading IT Solutions provider, our IT Services division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector.
Commercial IT services offer tailored solutions and support for both on-premise and cloud based IT requirements. The successful candidate will be responsible for building a new business pipeline, developing existing accounts and successfully build strong long lasting relationships with our clients.
The role is primarily based from our head office which is located in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire; however it also involves travel throughout the UK. The ideal candidate therefore needs to be located within a commutable distance from Cheltenham.
• Successfully forecast and build a pipeline of new and existing business opportunities
• Exceed sales objectives by understanding customers’ diverse specific business needs and applying bespoke solutions knowledge
• Work in collaboration with the Solution Consulting team to put together detailed customer proposals
• Ensure the prospecting CRM database is maintained effectively to reflect progress with new business
• Promote the products and services offered by Commercial IT Services
• The successful candidate will have a proven track record of selling IT solutions, developing new business and business growth, with all sales targets being met or exceeded
• High level technical knowledge including such technologies as HP infrastructure, Microsoft systems, Citrix and VMware solutions
• Ability to lead the client through the technology lifecycle and ensure alignment between both their business and IT strategy (in conjunction with the Solutions Consulting Team)
• Proven experience of building strong, long lasting relationships with new and existing clients
• Ability to generate own leads
• Competitive basic salary
• Excellent OTE with uncapped commission
• Company car
• Company laptop
• Company mobile phone
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
• We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme (in line with auto enrolment legislation), childcare voucher scheme and cycle to work scheme.
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, additional hours and occasional overnight stays may be required to meet the demands of the role.