PR Account Director - B2B
A leading and well-established PR Agency in Farnham, Surrey is on the lookout for an experienced PR Account Director.
The agency is in the PR Week Top 25 Technology PR consultancies list. Their focus is B2B and technology; however, they would consider excellent candidates from other market sectors as long as you genuinely believe you can cut it in a B2B/tech environment.
The business is independently owned, with a hands-on Founder / Managing Director within the business and another Client Services Director in place.
- Drive, ambition, motivation
- Great empathy, client management skills
- Hard working ethic - great client service
- Deep and natural understanding of media relations
- Professional outlook - thinks and acts like a senior PR
- Minimum five years’ experience in PR, preferably with an agency background
- Strong writing skills, copywriting, blogging etc
- Active in social networking sphere
- Experience of working across multiple clients and juggling workloads
- Strong contacts within the tech and business media, with proven abilities to generate coverage
- Team working and communication abilities essential, with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and able to work under own initiative
- The PR work is extremely varied and includes some US and European agency management.
- You’ll also need to be an excellent copywriter with strong client and journalist liaison skills. You'll need to have experience of pitching stories to the media, developing media relations and generating maximum PR coverage for your clients.
- You’ll need to be an experienced user of Twitter / Facebook / Linkedin / Blogs and have a keen interest in the developments in Social Media.
- Any candidates with another language including German, French or Dutch would be of interest as the agency works with clients in those countries.
- Day to day contact with target media to generate coverage opportunities and positive ongoing relationships with key journalists
- Collating coverage and selling results back to clients in a timely manner
- Direct contact and visibility with clients, with responsibility for specific campaigns and activity plans
- Writing a variety of copy, from press releases and case studies, to blog posts and market reports
- Active involvement in social networks on behalf of clients and the agency
Why work there?
- A great place to work
- Excellent colleagues
- Relaxed office with a vibrant, colourful working environment and no London commute.
- Opportunity to travel to their international offices across Europe and the USA
- Excellent salary and benefits package
Their ideal PR Account Director
- Previous business management, leadership and client services management experience
- Ability to lead and manage a team of both junior and senior PR professionals
- Planning and strategic thinking, to deliver results for clients on time and to brief
- Creative, results driven individual with a passion for new ideas and moving the business forward
- PR Agency experience within IT / Technology
Salary and Benefits
- £35k - £45k
- 10% of basic annual bonus
- Benefits that include car parking costs (equivalent to £1k per annum)
- Contributory pension
- Gym membership contributions
- Company social events