Software Developer, Swindon, Salary £33k-45k + Pension + Private Medical. Strategic Maintenance Planning (SMP) Ltd. has gained considerable experience and reputation in the last 21 years, providing state of the art Maintenance Management solutions globally, to a number of blue-chip clients. We are offering a superb opportunity to be part of a team leading in its field, for a full-time 'Software Developer’.
If you’re looking for a fast paced, agile environment working on projects for blue chip organisations then we have an outstanding opportunity for the right talent.
JOB DESCRIPTION / MAIN PURPOSE
The successful candidate is responsible for the provision and development of our company’s computerised maintenance management software (CMMS). The post reports to the Head of IT but works closely with other developers, forming a close team.
- Providing Web Application Development for our software, by becoming an expert in all aspects of the application;
- Developing, where agreed and feasible, customisations to the application;
- Working with the IT function and customers in identifying and proposing application system changes, better uses, enhancements and development.
- Delivering support to existing customer users and investigating and resolving application errors, data discrepancies and queries;
- Provide Web Application Development within an Agile environment for our software;
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures;
- Provide correct responses to requests for support by means of for example: making modifications to system parameters, developing work-arounds or site specific enhancements, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests;
- Monitor the application noting problems and identify performance trends. Take corrective action to improve performance and to avoid problems arising;
- Assist the Head of IT to investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques; (ii) investigate operational requirements and problems, contributing to improvements; (iii) specify information flows, processes/procedures that will meet the business requirements;
- Document work, take part in user meetings and assist in presenting issues and solutions;
- Define acceptance tests for new or changed functionality.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Java Script
- MS Visual Studio
- MS SQL
- Knowledge of Telerik ASP.Net components an advantage.
- Qualifications although important are not as essential as proving competency when programming in the languages detailed previously.
- Previous experience developing maintenance management, financial or ERP software will yield an advantage.
- Full UK driving license
- £33k - £45K
- Generous Pension
- Private Medical
- Up to 25 days annual holiday