Business Development Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a fast-growing Office Technology provider in the Birmingham area as a Business Development Manager. Successful applicants will be responsible for detecting and driving new business by providing IT Hardware and Software Solutions, Outsourced IT and Managed Services into SME, Commercial and Public Sector customers across a designated Midlands-based territory.
Our client is a long-established and recognised office technology reseller with vast tenure in providing the best-of-breed technology solutions to Commercial and Public Sector organisations. The business have hundreds of long-term partnerships which are built on the foundations of a market-leading and independent service offering coupled with a trusted, consultative, and innovative approach. With an established product offering across other areas of the business, the focus now shifts into driving new IT Hardware, Software and Managed Services growth into new businesses across the Midlands.
- Identify and acquire IT Hardware, Software, Outsourced IT and Managed Services Business
- Work collaboratively with internal staff to identify new business opportunities
- Assess, promote and demonstrate the effectiveness of IT Services portfolio at off-site customer meetings, trade shows and conferences
- Consultative selling to understand business strain with ability to leverage ROI of IT Solutions
- Explain and demonstrate the benefits of a full portfolio of IT Solutions
- Provide accurate pipeline reporting and manage an effective pipeline of new opportunities
- Work with partners to detect and close opportunities effectively
- Building strong and strategic business relationships with prospective customers and maintaining communication channels
- Proven track record in new business acquisition
- 2+ years of B2B field-based experience in the Sales of IT Hardware, Software and Managed Services
- Clear and confident communication skills with experience of presenting and negotiating contracts
- Full sales cycle exposure with ability to self-generate, propose and close IT Solutions opportunities
- Articulate, literate and competent in preparing and delivering value propositions
- A strong, ambitious and resilient work ethic with a ‘can do’ attitude
£25,000 - £35,000 per annum with an Uncapped Commission Structure and OTE of £60,000 - £70,000 with a Company Car or Allowance
Please apply for immediate consideration.
Closing date for applications: 6th March 2017