Mobile Business Analyst
As our Mobile Business Analyst you will work with the Digital Development team members and management to create and maintain Digital Solutions using best of breed Agile development methodologies.
You will have a solid background in software development, ideally this will be channel agnostic. You will be responsible for developing the requirements of projects and creating user stories. You will also be responsible for wire framing and will be heavily involved in the project initiation.
You must be well-versed in agile methodologies and be able to multi-task. You will likely be working on several projects at a time and each project will have a total development time of 6-10 weeks. You will be involved before the development starts and will create the project framework in Confluence and Jira.
What you will be doing…
- You will be solely responsible for the gathering and translation of requirements
- You will hold and manage requirements gathering workshops with the Business Owners, Product Owners and stakeholders.
- You will ensure that business requirements are effectively translated into detailed function and technical specifications and/or User Stories
- You will assist in the delivery of projects using appropriate project methodology, techniques and processes
- You will seek out and tackle issues that will prevent the delivery of business benefits, facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders
- You will carry out quality control activities around testing
- You will understand business priorities to ensure that customer’s needs are accurately reflected with the appropriate priority
- You will assist the team, researching in to new technology and how it can be used by Avios. This could be anything from the latest developments in mobile technology to VR and wearables.
- You will work closely with the UI/UX Designer to produce wireframes and user stories that support the roadmap and the Agile process.
- You will work with the the rest of the business to gain a better understanding of our business as a whole
What we are looking for…
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Previous experience negating within a digital environment
- Ability to express your opinions clearly and concisely
- A proven self-starter - proactive and actively sought and prove solutions
- Excellent team player
- Proven ability to multitask and manage multiple projects, working fast and accurately
Skills, qualifications, expertise and experience
- Experience in a similar role (business, systems/technical or process analysis)
- Strong background in Agile or iterative methodologies, specifically writing User Stories and managing the backlog and committed to using MVP
- Excellent working knowledge of the principles of software development
- Excellent working knowledge of the Atlassian product suite, specifically Confluence and Jira
What we can offer you….
- A competitive salary of up to £38,000 depending on experience?
- Annual Bonus (dependant on Company & Individual Performance)?
- Company Pension?
- Private Health Care?
- Childcare Vouchers?
- Travel Insurance?
- Exciting global travel industry discounts including flights, hotels, international rail, cruises & tour operators??
- After 6 months service, Unlimited standby flights anywhere in the world on British Airways and other airlines??
- Discounts on British Airways flights and holidays from day one for you, your friends and family?
- New Joiner Avios/Birthday Avios/Thank you Avios?
- Discounted Train fares?
- Shuttle bus to/from Gatwick Airport (and town centre at lunch time)?
- 25 days annual leave, plus 2 days charity leave?
Want to know more this job and what skills/capabilities you require? Click Apply now and you will be taken through to our Avios Careers Website where you can find more information!