A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced receptionist to further their career into a management role. Our client is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, professional individual to lead a small team in their front of house department.
As a proud member of a 'Premier Collection’ this hotel has a brand and local personality all of its own which sets them apart from their competitors and deliver a truly unique guest experience.
As Head Receptionist, the successful applicant will report directly to an approachable and well-liked General Manager and the main duties will include:
- Overall responsibility for the day to day running of reception
- Publishing the rota for reception/ reservations/admin whilst completing reception’s time sheet summary at the beginning of every week.
- Running regular departmental meetings and discuss with the General Manager any problems that may arise.
- Ensuring that each team member’s departmental induction, coffee chat, appraisal and job chats are completed within the specified time frame and keep records of such. Training and development to staff team members.
- Being aware of the Hotel’s promotions and be able to control rates and availability on relevant web sites in order to maximise sales and revenue.
- Taking private party and conference bookings, and understand the whole process whilst also having an understanding of wedding bookings; dealing with enquiries.
- Assisting (and deputising for) the reservations supervisor with all aspects of their job
- Attending meetings/networking/sales events for hospitality/tourism in York as required.
- Developing/ managing any staff benefits and award schemes including sales incentives.
- Understand and regularly update websites with availability and rates after liaising with Reservations and setting hot dates/holidays on availability for any functions/event days
- Ensure any group/perm accounts are set up correctly in advance and correctly sent out.
- Providing reception and reservations with business reports to push sales.
Ideally the successful applicant for this role should have excellent customer service experience within the hospitality sector but this is not essential.
It is important however that you are happy to work shifts on a rota’d basis that covers weekends; 40hours/week.
In return, this company offers a warm, friendly and beautiful environment to work in, staff uniform, meals whilst on duty, a share of the tips and a generous staff discount package. Salary £18,000 negotiable.
To apply for the position of Head Receptionist please click on the link asap.