£30,000 - £35,000pa
Our client is looking for an established Production Planner to join their team in Northamptonshire. This is an exciting role to assist the production planning of UK manufactured products, having extensive input in to the daily operation.
As a Production Planner you will plan and co-ordinate site activity though accurate and cost effective planning of both material supply and finished product. You will provide the site management with a robust plan that ensures 100% customer service whilst maintaining efficient manufacturing practices while all forecast requirements, service, shelf life rules and inventory targets are achieved.
- Plan the day-to-day activity of the factory through cost effective planning using customer orders and available forecast information
- Review production performance throughout the shift to ensure planned requirements will be effectively achieved and manage the consequence of any unforeseen issues
- Maintain current forecasting tools to plan to the most accurate forecast figures
- Maintain planning systems with product spec changes and new launches
- Initiate/set-up following weeks plans to ensure accurate information is readily available for optimisation of cross functional activity, i.e. the ordering of relevant components
- Efficiently plan labour, producing a labour requirement plan for Production teams to work to in-order to produce product through the most cost effective manor
- Liaise with all internal departments as required, both on site and at head office to ensure plan requirements are understood and achieved
- Plan to maintain a consistently high service level with a target of 100%
- Collate and report performance against set KPI’s
- Maintain and monitor WIP & finished product stocks whilst minimising waste, putting in place action plans to target/eliminate any potential waste through discussing with Sales or changing planning criteria to fit accordingly
- Continually looking to identify and implement improvement initiatives that reduce labour spend and waste costs.
It is essential you are competent on the use of SAP, preferably a Super User, and have worked in a Production Planning role within a food and / or drink manufacturing environment. The following skills and experience are also required;
- SAP experience
- Strong level of numerical, analytical and verbal skills required
- Highly skilled on Microsoft Excel
- Must have a good understanding of supply chain aspects
- Determined and driven self-starter
- Good interpersonal skills
£30,000 - £35,000pa + Benefits
Our client is a leading figure in the food manufacturing industry