Cooper Lomaz are delighted to be supporting a market leading employer in their search for a Financial Controller to lead a business unit based Finance team. Working with the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for managing a small team of 5 that are tasked with ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the General Ledger whilst also identifying improvements that can be made to current reporting processes and systems. As Financial Controller, it is also essential that you build strong internal and external relationships to drive the quality of financial reports produced. This will also be key for all half year and annual reports when working with the external Auditors.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Management of the full month end close and all annual/half yearly reporting. This will include managing relationships with Auditors
- Technical accounting submissions including; VAT returns, Intrastat and Financial Statements
- Working with the Head of Finance on all Hedging activities to minimise risk to the business
- Intercompany accounting and managing relationships with Internal Partners
- Continual improvement of reporting processes and any necessary systems based improvements
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with prior experience in a fast paced manufacturing/FMCG environment desirable. Prior line management experience is essential given that a key criteria of this role will be to develop the team for succession planning. An inquisitive approach and a desire to seek solutions to challenges in the reporting process will be key to succeeding in this role. Candidates will ideally bring a strong technical accounting understanding to the role combined with a background in Financial reporting and demonstrable examples of improvements they have made to reporting processes.
For the successful candidate this role represents an excellent opportunity to grow your career with a market leading business.