Principal Consultant - Utilities Energy
Huntswood, a Best Companies Employer, is the UK's leading specialist resourcing and consultancy firm focused on governance, risk and compliance in the areas of regulatory conduct and financial crime.
We are recruiting for a Principal Consultant - Utilities to join our growing Advisory team. The role is based in Reading, Berkshire with UK travel/assignments.ROLE PURPOSE
The overarching aim of the Regulatory Consulting Team is to advise and assist clients in order to protect and enhance business value by identifying and managing regulatory compliance risk.
The Principal Consultants advise and assist clients providing technical expertise in relation to compliance, risk management and enhancing operational performance. The core focus is the delivery of consulting assignments working both as a member of Huntswood or mixed Huntswood/client teams on client projects.JOB DESCRIPTIONTasks
- Be an ambassador for Huntswood across the industry and lead on regulatory, client and industry stakeholders' relationships.
- Responsible for identifying, initiating and assisting sales bids and other business development activities.
- Act as assignment manager on large and complex projects whilst supervising large teams, having responsible for quality, profit and project planning and engagement risks. Responsible for implementation of standards in risk management, cost control and resource utilisation.
- Play an active role in client account management with client organisations.
- Advising clients on risk management, governance and culture, operational change, process re-engineering, people development and change management.
- Leading the delivery of consulting engagements, including management of stakeholder relationships, work stream outputs and final reports.
- Comply with standards for the Regulatory Consulting Team on risk management, cost control and resource utilisation.
- Delivery of financial and organisational targets in line business plans.
- Development of good working relationships with other key stakeholders within the business to ensure a joined up and collaborative proposition, in particular sales, marketing and Board members.
- Continual development of the reputation of the Consulting practice through diverse media including client meetings and networking, external publications, attendance at events.
- Line management responsibilities, (internal communications, and career and performance development. Ensuring staff are annually appraised and providing development opportunities in line with their own Personal development Plans and wider Consulting objectives.
- Expert knowledge and experience in regulated retail conduct risk related issues.
- Comprehensive and detailed understanding of retail energy regulation including both current and emerging issues affecting firms and its approach to supervision.
- A strong track record of leading consultancy teams and consulting projects.
- Experience of liaising at a senior level to form strong working relationships and facilitate the running of consulting projects.
- Broad knowledge of UK energy industry, including regulation, market and competitor activity and industry trends. Additional experience in financial services and financial crime risk, telecommunications or the water industry are beneficial.
- Experience of translating operational requirements into delivery solutions.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong project and organisational skills.
- Holder of relevant qualifications.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
To work with, Huntswood's employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
- Confidential, reliable and genuine
- Dynamic, passionate and determined
- Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."