Operational Trainer and Plant Maintenance
Operational Trainer & Plant Maintenance
Salary up to £35,000 plus van, laptop, phone
We are recruiting for Operational Trainer & Plant Maintenance to significantly reduce plant and equipment downtime using preventative, productive and predictive maintenance.
Our Clients' is one of the leading global business services provider focused on modular space, secure portable storage solutions, and work force accommodation management. The company's legacy is grounded in its reputation for exceptional customer service, effective management of business operations and consistent product innovation.
The key objective of the Operational Trainer & Plant Maintenance is :
- To significantly reduce plant and equipment downtime using preventative, productive and predictive maintenance.
- Evaluate & audit third party providers of plant maintenance including benchmarking costs to ensure an efficient and cost effective service is provided across the business.
- Using data - predict plant requirements (repairs, maintenance and replacements) to assist annual budget process and develop a robust maintenance programme.
- Deliver Operational training under current legislation & regulation to the highest standards as required by the business.
- Keep abreast of legislation & regulation changes, notify in advance of any changes, assess the impact of those changes to the business and create a plan to deliver the appropriate training required to meet business needs.
- To bring Our Clients' sites standard and efficient methods of work reducing none value added time, reducing operational costs and continually improving standards.
- To change the culture of the workforce by training and leading through as a change champion.
- Facilitate continual improvement using route cause analysis and implementing permanent corrective action.
- To assist SHEQ department in the implementation of ISO9001 throughout the hire side of the business.
You will report directly to Operational Trainer & Plant Maintenance Manager and assist as a functional expert for Operational Training & Plant Maintenance, influencing and assisting the Regions and other functional peers as required.
- Responsible for transforming our Clients' Sites in terms of operational Training & Plant Maintenance. Create a safer and more motivating working environment through successful implementation reduce costs and further improve Operations.
- Identify training requirements and shortfalls within our Clients'.
- Train staff to conform to our Clients' standards and safe working practices.
- Daily management of Operational training including writing and distribution of SWI's and training bulletins. Including assisting SHEQ department where necessary.
- Control our Clients' training library and training matrix to ensure our Clients' Operational training needs are met.
- Asses and monitor the effective use of SWI's within our Clients' Operations.
- Work with all relevant parties of the organisation and set standards for operational "movements" and monitor compliance.
- Define and advise the best plant solutions / requirements including weaknesses - working towards providing standard solutions for purchase, lease repair and replacement for all plant across our Clients'.
- Define the boundaries for what should be included within the scope of "Plant" and what should not be included.
- Explore the benefits of centralising plant Vs current Regionalisation - define the way forward and provide business case studies where necessary including annual budget requirements.
- Work with relevant parties to define a roadmap for plant including a definitive control plan for internal processes and maintenance requirements.
Key factors for success (short-term, mid-term and long-term)
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships. Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to champion change and to transfer knowledge to others.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience in working within a multi site business.
- Pass external audits - RTITB, JAUPT, ALMI, for our Clients' compliance.
- Assist where necessary for Customer audits - our Clients' Compliance.
Job experience & skills requirements
- Professional qualifications are essential - Plant training, PTTLS, ITSSR, RTITB, CITB, MPORS,IOSH relevant experience is essential
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role would be beneficial.
- Desired - in depth knowledge of Training systems & Plant Maintenance and proven training audit results.
- Practical experience in delivering training especially for transport.
- Hands-on working style
- Willing & able to teach, train, observe at the shop-floor level
- Ability to travel extensively within the U.K.
Apply now with an up to date CV for consideration.