Conference and Events Sales Executive
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Conference and Events Sales Executive to be based between two venues in Chester and Liverpool. Working closely with the Head of Corporate Sales and Director of Sales the ideal candidate will ensure that sales targets are achieved for the business. In addition, the post holder will also working closely with GM’s and Event Design team on sales activities and support.
The successful candidate will work closely with panel venue clients and venue team to ensure that the focus remains on our collective financial targets.
You will be expected to support the team in order to sell events for the HPL portfolio including private events external to venues and special events exclusive to HPL. To pro-actively sell the venues and company in general and to work with collective Event Design teams / GM’s ensuring a profitable, effective business that is on brand.
- To sell the venue space to accommodate appropriate events for the venues within our NW portfolio.
- To increase the awareness of the venues through networking, site visits and promotional activity
- To identify leads, opportunities and referrals, in order to maximise business potential and create new opportunities
- As a core member of the Heritage Portfolio sales team, to be seen as an ambassador for Heritage Portfolio both internally and externally
KEY TASK 1
To sell the venue space to accommodate appropriate events for the venues within our portfolio.
- Ensure that all space sold is in line with the companies budgetary and pricing policies
- Work in a proactive and agreed manner to gain and increase sales activity with your venues
- Maximise on all up-selling opportunities and opportunities for continuous sales and relationships to help build the future pipeline
- To ensure effective communication, administrative systems and procedures
- Ensure the highest level of customer service and attention to detail is given throughout the sales process and customer journey.
Key Task 2:
Proactively increase the awareness of the venues through networking, site visits and promotional activities where appropriate.
- Proactively participate in hosting familiarisation and site visit programmes with key organisations and associations to maximise our market exposure within identified target sectors.
- Participating in appropriate networking opportunities as agreed with GM.
- Pro-actively work to agreed guidelines to increase sales and convert business within the portfolio of venues
- Identifying, negotiating and maximising PR and branding opportunities for all relevant events in line with brand marketing standards.
- Keep up to date with NW market place and competitive set to ensure HPL is represented fully utilising our centrally based marketing resources
KEY TASK 3:
To identify leads, opportunities and referrals, in order to maximise business potential and create new opportunities
- Maintain a sound working knowledge of the facilities, within all venues which form part of the companies portfolio to ensure that potential requirements for each individual event can be matched to the most appropriate venue
- Identify with Head of Corporate Sales, clients current and future requirements to ensure that any and all opportunities can be maximised by the company within its venue portfolio and the opportunity for continuous sales is increased to maximum potential.
- Work to a minimum of 8 front facing appointments each week to local corporate bookers and MICE market with relevance for NW venues
- Keep CRM system fully updated with contacts, leads and information as a central resource for the wider team
KEY TASK 4:
As a core member of the Heritage Portfolio team, to be seen as an ambassador for Heritage Portfolio both internally and externally.
- Participate in appropriate networking opportunities as identified in the sales action plan.
- Attendance in all relevant team and departmental meetings to encourage the free flow of information and positive collaboration with team members
- Continue to develop relationships with existing and potential clients, suppliers, key client principals, agents and any additional external body where relevant
This role would suit someone looking to progress their event sales career in a fast paced, multi-faceted environment. Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate a successful background in events sales preferably within a hospitality arena.
This role has an excellent salary with the ability to earn fantastic commissions for the right person. As this requires travel across the North West (mainly Liverpool and Chester), a car driver is required.