Unit Manager - RGN / RMN / RNLD
Unit Manager ( RGN / RMN / RNLD )
Salary: £32,300 - £39,000 per annum + excellent benefits; salary negotiable depending on experience, qualifications and capabilities
Hours: Full Time hours
Contract type: Permanent
Further Details: We are currently looking for a highly-motivated and experienced registered nurse to take on a lead role within a large Elderly and Dementia Nursing Home in Glasgow. The Nursing Home offers general nursing and dementia nursing care, along with respite care and palliative care. They also look after residents who have Parkinson’s and Huntingdon’s. The service enjoys an excellent reputation for care quality and succeeds in offering an attentive, friendly and homely environment. Staff morale is very high. The home offers a warm and friendly environment and is separated into separate units - we are looking for an experienced nurse to manage one of these units.
The Home Manager has been with the company for a substantial amount of time and is highly-qualified in various areas of nursing, so would be keen to invest time into the training and development of all staff. There are also plenty of opportunities to undertake additional training courses externally on top of the extensive in-house training.
Person Specification: You will make sure that everything runs smoothly within the unit, you will be empowered to make decisions, assess needs, deliver care plans, supervise medication and really get to know the residents and their families. Your RGN / RMN / RNLD experience will enable you to meet the physical, emotional and social needs of the residents, as part of a wider multi-disciplinary community team. You will work with great autonomy and receive the industry leading support and training you need to progress your career to Deputy Manager and beyond. You will enjoy plenty of variety, as well as complex and interesting work at a home where every day is different, you must be able to delegate effectively, deliver medication and maintain high quality care documentation.
Applicants must be RGN or RMN or RNLD trained and must hold a valid PIN. All applicants should be eligible to live and work in the UK without restriction.
Employee Benefits include:
• Comprehensive training scheme – all statutory training plus specific training as per the needs of your role e.g. Medication Management, Tissue Viability, Wound Care, Dementia Care
• Clear career development pathways and progression within the company
• Relocation package available up to £1000 for those relocating within the UK
• Reimbursement for the cost of your NMC PIN to be renewed
• Annual pay reviews
• Health Benefits e.g. free eye tests, discounted gym membership, flu vaccine
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Travel discounts
• Cash Plan discount card
• The cost of your DBS Check with be paid for by the company (£44)
• Hot meal provided whilst on duty
• Free uniform provided
• Paid Breaks
• Free parking
• National Employment Savings Trust pension
• Life assurance
• Indemnity insurance
• 28 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
• Sick pay – 6 weeks’ paid sick pay
For more information regarding this vacancy, please contact Erin Banner on or send a copy of your CV to