Practice Development Lead Nurse - Critical Care
Closing Date For Applications: 29th April 2017
We are currently recruiting for a Practice Development Lead Nurse to join our Critical Care Unit based at the London Bridge Hospital Campus.
The salary range is £39,174 - £45,419pa. 37.5hrs per week (long days/nights shifts)
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Our busy 24-hour Critical Care Unit is equipped with the latest technology and provides the highest level of dedicated, continuous and specialised care to Critical Care Level 2 and 3 patients with a variety of medical or surgical conditions who require complex multi-organ support. The unit has a total of 18 beds, twelve of which are in individual rooms, with one sophisticated, dedicated respiratory isolation room.
In April 2017, we open a new state of the art 4 bedded Critical Care Unit on the 11th floor of the Guys Cancer Treatment Centre. To ensure a continuous and consistent service, all nursing staff will rotate between both units.
As the Practice Development Lead Nurse for our Critical Care Unit and a member of the Practice Development Team, you will ensure the Critical Care Unit and hospital's education strategy is maintained and developed according to business and patient requirements. Playing a key role with the achievement of excellence in the delivery of evidence-based nursing care within the specialty of Critical Care, you will provide up-to-date expert practical and theoretical advice to patients, families and colleagues alike and act as a preceptor and 'coach' for Critical Care clinical staff. You will be responsible for initiating, implementing and evaluating development or change using current research, audit and experience by creating strategies for the induction, education and continuing professional development of Critical Care clinical staff. In addition you will work with the HCA Learning Academy within the speciality of Critical Care.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the CPD Manager and Critical Care Manager with the development and delivery of the clinical education strategy for Critical Care Unit and the London Bridge Hospital
- Ensure that corporate/ local policies, clinical guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures are complied with by colleagues
- Assist with Clinical Audit as requested by LBH CPDL and Head of Critical Care Services
- Develop and promote evidence based practice within the specialty of Critical Care and the other clinical area through educational activities
- Assess Critical Care clinical staff learning needs and support them in maintaining and developing their competency liaising closely with the Head of Critical Care and Senior Critical Care Nursing Team.
- Identify external courses relevant to the development of clinical staff and liaise with external education providers in order to arrange education/training sessions
- Active member of the HCA Critical Care Delivery Group assisting in improving Critical Care nursing within HCA
Skills & Experience
- RGN and holder of a Critical Care Certificate (60 units)
- Substantial previous senior ITU experience to develop.
- Holding a teaching/mentorship qualification,
- Working towards a post grad qualification in clinical education
- Ideally hold specialist trainer qualifications.