Accounts Receivable Administrator
Accounts Receivable Administrator - Sundry Income - Shepton Mallet - Permanent.
About the role.
Capita Local Government Services provides finance outsourcing services to a number of local authorities. We are in the process of setting up a shared service function for the provision of Accounts Receivable services from our offices in Shepton Mallet.
An opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Receivable Administrator to play a key role in delivering high quality business processes.
About Capita| Local Government Services
Capita plc is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Capita Local Government Services provides financial outsourcing services to a number of local authorities.
- To ensure the efficient and timely collection of all miscellaneous income - both sundry and periodic
- Responsible for taking remedial action in relation to unpaid invoices in line with predetermind guidelines, utilising all available collection methods
- Liaise with the client's departments in relation to queries regarding the services provided.
- 3 GCSE A*- C (or equivalent) including Maths and English.
- Experience of working in a team, preferably within a financial environment.
- Ability to demonstrate confident and effective communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Be self-motivated, flexible whilst organised, to ensure deadlines are met the minimum of supervision.
- Knowledge and ability to use standard office IT systems (e.g. Excel and Word) for the input and retrieval of data).
- Working knowledge of a local authority
- Knowledge of financial systems would be an advantage although not essential as training and guidance will be provided.
- Experience of working in a credit control environment.
- What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click here to apply
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinion or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.