Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Do you have previous Business Development experience?
Are you keen to develop key relationships?
£28,000 - £30,000
Juice Recruitment are proud to be working with a fantastic and well know organisation based in the Clifton area of Bristol. We are looking for an exception Business Development Manager work closely with the Marketing and Communications Team and with a variety of external customers and contractors.
As the ideal candidate you will be confident, sales driven with ability to oversee and explore new business opportunities.
You will be responsible for overseeing strategy development in each business area, reporting on progress and liaising with contractors and customers directly.
You will also undertake day-to-day selling activity, including the media estate and liaising directly with potential and existing customers.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead, manage and develop the function - Line managing team members in accordance performance framework.
- Ensure the best possible skills, resource and performance.
- Build credibility of the commercial & sales function within the organisation.
- Encourage innovation, seek best practice and aim to become a leader with the sector.
- Work closely with other managers of enterprise services to develop sales and marketing plans.
- Oversee the strategic approach to media sales within the organisation, including development of annual and project specific plans.
- Ensure appropriate market research and insight underpins organisational planning and activity.
- Undertake selling of media estate throughout the year including developing cold leads, securing deals, liaising with existing customers and undertaking post event feedback and customer handling.
- To identify opportunities that could be sold as media opportunities and prepare materials to ensure they are presented effectively to commercial partners and deals secured.
- To review and enhance our media pack each year to ensure it is fit-for-purpose.
- Review analytical data to understand sales and digital trends and ensure these are acted upon.
- To look at sales data and identify opportunities for driving more sales.
- Lead the Merchandise Executive to devise a strategy for selling merchandise.
- Ensure good customer service standards are adhered to at point of sale, dispatch and refund
- Build relationships with the International Office and Alumni to drive sales in these areas.
- Work closely with the existing events team to create an effective sales function for externalevents, conference and room hire income. Develop and potentially lead this.
- Identifying opportunities for business growth within the above areas and new but related areas.
- Leading new projects and realising new income streams.
The hours are 35hours per week, plus additional hours as necessary. Flexibility is required and there will be an expectation of longer hours during specific times of the year (especially October).
The nature of the post will, at times, require additional commitment over and above normal office hours which is incorporated into the salary offered.
As the ideal candidate you will be creative thinker with a can do attitude, with the ability to self-motivate multitask to a very high standard working to target while keeping calm under pressure. You will have excellent communication and organisational skills and have previous experience of running multiple projects and prioritising competing demands. This is the perfect opportunity for an individual with hunger, passion and determination who is looking for a varied and diverse opportunity.
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity and you would like to find out more, please contact Summer at Juice Recruitment today!