Assistant Team Manager - Childrens Social Services
Aurora Resourcing are working with a Local Authority in the Wiltshire area to recruit a forward thinking Children’s Senior Social worker who is looking to progress within a fantastic and new Local Authority. Are you aspiring to work towards a Team Manager level within Children’s Services?
We are looking for an Assistant Team Manager that is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People.
The Council we are working with are a new and exciting Authority that are looking for Enthused Social Workers that share their vision to improve outcomes for children, young people and families and to evidence this through performance and achievement of excellent standards. They are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Team Manager to manage and supervise 6 qualified social workers.
This is a permanent post and is a perfect opportunity for an experienced Senior Social Worker to further expand their skillset and gain invaluable management experience.
With a competitive salary of £44,608 and a generous relocation package worth up to £8,000 as well as a secure position within a well structured and forward thinking council, this could be the perfect role for you if you feel you have what it takes!
- Management, co-ordination and leadership of the dedicated team in the absence of line manager.
- Undertake supervision of specified team members in accordance with the supervision and appraisal policy.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of all cases and projects held by supervisees.
- Ensuring supervisees work is within relevant legislation, guidance and department procedures.
- Setting up and monitoring standards and performance in line with Departmental internal and external indicators with supervisees.
- As requested, allocate work and make judgements in respect of intervention, child protection and closure of cases.
- Liaison/multiagency meetings as appropriate.
- Supporting and promoting the development of a dedicated team identity and shared objectives within a changing and developing environment.
- Ensuring timeliness in the authorisation of referrals, Initial and Core Assessments and all Children in Need procedures.
- Be HCPC Registered Social Worker with up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation in relation to the protection of children and young people
- Have at least 6 month to 1 year experience in a senior role that required supervision of other social workers.
- Have experience within a similar Childrens Team
How to Apply
Please send your CV