Health & Safety Manager - Construction
I have been retained by a leading construction company who have a strong track record of delivering quality projects in the affordable housing, private and public sector. They are and continue to be in an established position as a leading contractor and housebuilder in London and the South East.
Based in London, the role as Health & Safety Manager is to support and drive to deliver continual H&S improvements across their business through the implementation of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management systems and to promote the company's vision and values to internal and external stakeholders.
You will be reporting to the Director of HSE&Q Management and be actively engaged with all levels of management and at all stages of the construction process.
Responsibilities will include;
- Helping to promote a culture where health and safety considerations are integrated into everyday processes.
- Working closely with the site project team and our Contractors to understand their goals and accountabilities in relation to health & safety.
- Coaching managers and Contractors to engage in sound working practices and identify areas of improvement within the company.
- Undertaking training, including activity briefings, Safe Start Talks, inductions, adverse event investigations, managing site based audits and reviewing RAMS.
- Providing general site based support ensuring continued compliance with company management systems.
The ideal candidate should have NEBOSH in Construction Health & Safety and 3 years relevant industry experience.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is solutions oriented and able to bring new ideas to the table. You must have excellent interpersonal skills, an inquisitive mind, computer literacy and an enthusiastic and energetic nature. You will have a proven track record of influencing and promoting health and safety best practice culture within a multi-site business. Previous H&S Advisor role experience is necessary.
£35,000 to £50,000pa. Travel Allowance, pension scheme, discretionary bonus and 26 days annual leave.