Senior Payroller - Practice
Our client, a well-established professional service business with a strong local reputation built on high standards of service and currently enjoying a period of growth.
Are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Payroller to join a highly reputable and successful business services team, working within a progressive business team, the ideal individual will have previous accounts experience from within a practice environment.
The main duties of the position are to include:
- To help us maintain and improve quality standards.
- Assist with urgent payroll processing from other team members’ allocation.
- Raise internal awareness of the team within the company.
- Identifying employment law and HR opportunities to pass to a specialist within the team.
- To effectively manage computerised and manual payroll assignments from start to finish
- To provide excellent customer service, helping to develop and maintain client relationships including goodwill visits to client premises; reinforce the premium payroll service we provide.
- To help maintain and improve quality standards.
- To effectively manage from start to finish straight forward and more complicated payroll assignments manually, or other payroll software packages.
- To manage the client electronic payments and transfer process.
- Assist with queries from clients and internally within the team.
- Process P11D’s, PSA’s, PAYE dispensations and payroll end of year returns.
- To reconcile and to resolve any issues with reference to both the client and to the Business Services Team
- To record the time spent on tasks accurately and in accordance the client time recording system
- Ideally CIPP or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 2/3 years supporting experience, preferably within a practice environment
- Previous proven skills and experience in computerised payroll processing.
- Demonstrate satisfactory PAYE knowledge, including undertaking manual PAYE calculations.
- Demonstrate a high standard of competence in processing routine payroll assignments.
- Demonstrates competent knowledge of the following: starters, leavers, tax and NI legislation, statutory entitlements and pay.
- Previous proven skills and experience in computerised and manual accounts processing and reconciliation to trial balance
- Previous proven skills and experience processing payroll for Educational establishments such as Academies and Schools together with knowledge of The Teachers’ Pension Scheme and Teachers’ National Pay and Conditions would be desirable
This is a long term role with a progressive firm, that offers long term development and progression opportunities.