Director / Partner Designate
Partner designate / Director job for leading Accountancy firm in Norwich.
Hays Practice are recruiting a Partner Designate / Director for a leading firm of chartered accountants in Norwich.
- Business development
- Building and developing advisory services in the local corporate market
- Relationship management of a wide and varied client portfolio the majority of which are owner managed businesses and SME's
- Responsible for planning, leading, controlling and reviewing work of qualified and part-qualified accountants
- Developing contacts using marketing strategies
- Reviewing audit planning, including agreeing budgets and timetables with clients
- Arranging, planning and running client account finalisation meeting
- Be the main point of contact for compliance queries from clients within own portfolio
- Managing the workload and delivery quality of a team of Junior and Senior level accountants
- Effectively delegates work to, and mentors, the team, including planning, instruction and review of work, and giving constructive feedback through job appraisals.
- Supporting the Partners with strategic planning and development of the practice.
- Client development and relationship management, effectively controls own portfolio and client costs.
- Development of the fee base by promoting services to both potential and existing clients.
- Displays pro-active awareness of current relevant legislation, compliance standards and potential advantages, relating them to client situations.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to add value and refers clients to the firms specialists.
- Take full responsibility for WIP, billing procedures and debtor control through liaison with appropriate Partners.
- Focuses on effective work for good clients and queries additional work for non-commercial clients with relevant Partners
- Includes opportunities for fee development in client conversations or correspondence where appropriate.
- Previous experience as a Partner within a top 30 accounting firm is essential.
- Confident, articulate and able to communicate effectively with all levels.
- An effective team leader; producing reliable results and commanding respect from the team with experience in managing teams of 20 employees or more.
- Excellent IT skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and a competent user of Xero and QuickBooks.
- As assertive and confident communicator
- Well organised
- Efficient and encourages efficiency in others
- Shows excellent judgement
Skills / Qualifications
- Recent partnership experience is essential
- Proven and demonstrable experience in building and developing own client portfolio
- Must be fully qualified
- Significant proven experience of advising owner managed business is essential.
- International tax and structure planning experience would be beneficial
- Must have proven experience in managing board based portfolio of clients, the majority for which are owner managed businesses and SMEs
- Must have proven advisory experience with a strong emphasis on tax planning.
- Corporation tax knowledge would be an advantage.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 37.5hr week
- 30 days holiday plus ability to purchase up to 5 extra days p/a
- Company car and fuel allowance
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Social activities/charitable events
- Relaxed and professional environment.
Please contact Cara Whyte at Hays or apply on line.
All applications will be strictly confidential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.