Do you want to make a real difference to someone's life?Do you have previous experience working in a Personal Care, Care Assistant or Support Worker role?
If so, this could be the job for you.
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Support Workers to provide the highest quality of care and support to our service users in Torquay, Teignmouth, Paignton, Newton Abbot, Dawlish and the surrounding local areas.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, flexibility with your rota to fit around your life, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends.
For a limited time, you will receive free DBS and uniform when you join our amazing team.
Apply now to find out more.What can you expect from your Supporting Role?
As a Newcross Support Worker, you will be providing life-enhancing care to our service users enabling them to lead the life that the choose.
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with our service users living with physical or learning disabilities.
Each individual experiences different challenges due to their physical impairment or learning difficulty. You will be delivering personalised care in accordance with each service user's unique care plan, with a mindful approach to protecting the dignity and promoting the independence of each individual.Skills & Opportunities
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work. This could include training in Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
With Newcross you could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ
If you want to develop in your career this could be the opportunity for you.What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £14.81/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE Criminal record check DBS and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
We offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to develop in their role, learn new skills and progress further in their career.
We are not a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving you the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours so you can have the work-life balance that suits you.What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a supporting role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Your local Team
The branch is based on Tor Hill Road near the town centre and is only a short walk from the train station. The Torquay branch is also home to one of our dedicated care at home teams.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.