Automation QA / Developer in Test
This is a very cool opportunity to work in an organisation steeped in history. Based just outside of Liverpool City Centre, they are currently looking for a QA with extensive Automation and development experience to join their expanding test team.
The dream candidate:
Will be a tester who can code, developing mini applications in raw code to test the services. Or perhaps a developer who wants to concentrate solely in testing, but they need to come from a testing mind set.
Someone who thinks of more than the 'happy' path, they think more like users, or think about non-expected behaviour and how well the application copes, etc.
DISCLAIMER!!!!!!! The front-end tests are less than 5% of the entire test code estate, meaning the organisation doesn't need someone highly skilled in Selenium or Cucumber because they will not be spending much time doing that.
Customary Essential Skills Bullet Points:
- Strong experience in the diagnosis, reporting, tracking, and resolving quality issues
- Strong automation testing skills utilising coding/programming, ideally with Ruby/RoR solutions (not just using front-end frameworks like Selenium or Cucumber) for back-end testing
- Specific interest and focus on test automation, with solid programming skills
- Full 360 experience of the software development life-cycle, including delivery and support
- Experience working within a continuous integration environment
- Ability to write automated test scripts and build a test from scratch
- Web service testing experience, API testing
- Experience working with version control systems (Git, subversion, etc)
- Strong SQL and Linux experience
This is a rare opportunity to work with a company that has been part of British culture for nearly 100 years.