M&E Asset Surveyor
On behalf of a leading Asset Management company Infrazec are looking to recruit an M&E Asset Surveyor to provide technical M&E expertise and professional advice.
Reporting to the Head of Asset Management the successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical M&E expertise and professional advice on asset maintenance and replacement to support the organisation’s asset management and service offerings to its clients.
You will be expected to conduct detailed analysis of asset and lifecycle data inputs which cover all M&E services including HVAC, electrical systems, heating and water systems.
This will be supported by working closely with the asset management team.
- Assess both Mechanical & Electrical services within a building environment.
- Be able at times to project manage the delivery of survey projects.
- Be able to grasp the dynamics of a Built Environment and anticipate Building Systems whilst being given limited information.
- Be able to correctly identify all M&E assets as found in any Built Environment e.g. Schools, Hospitals, Office blocks, etc.
- Be able to check and review Statutory Compliance documentation for site pertaining to Building Regulations, H&S and Fire Safety.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with onsite engineers and security staff to gain access to all areas within a building site.
- Be able to work long hours and out of hours if required in order to complete surveys to strict deadlines.
- Be able to follow clear instructions without deviating from set approach and methodologies.
- Be able to quickly and reasonably assess asset condition without intrusive or invasive inspections.
- Minimise delays and waiting times when onsite by switching and/ or rescheduling areas as necessary.
- Gather as much information as is available onsite from the assets, Building Management Systems and O&M Manuals if required.
- Be able to understand and work off building floor plans independently without escort or full site induction.
- Be able to provide assistance with any specialist inspections as required by the client.
- Be willing to undergo a full CRB check if required.
- Generate portfolio wide analysis for reporting to the asset management team.
- Identify issues which may affect other projects in the broader company portfolio and share information.
Commercial / Financial
- Collating information from company projects and the industry to develop and maintain up to date and robust pricing information which supports the asset management function.
- Support the asset management team in identifying ways to reduce cost across the portfolio opportunities.
- Plan and organise.
- Achieve and do.
- Prioritisation of own workload on a day to day basis.
- Manage time to meet changing priorities and deadlines whilst ensuring the core tasks are delivered.
- Participate in meetings.
- Build relationships.
- Business awareness.
Internal and External Relationships
- Understand specific project relationships and deal maps.
- Possesses a high degree of interpersonal skills and utilising these to build trust and confidence.
- Maintain a programme of personal /professional development.
- Ensure that confidential information is not disclosed about the company or its associated companies (including information about clients or customers) to any unauthorised member of staff, or anyone outside the company. In addition, abide by the confidentially policies of the Trust.
- Ensure the HSAW legislation is fully observed at all times and that the company HSAW policies and procedures are adhered to
- Undertake other duties as requested by the business
Project sites with home-working also available