You will have the opportunity to work for an established insurer who are based in the heart of the Insurance sector in the City of London.
As the Head of Compliance you will;
- Contribute towards the development of the Compliance Strategy of the Company and the business as a whole.
- Develop, initiate, maintain, revise, manage and be responsible for the Compliance Monitoring Program/Framework ensuring it is relevant, current and effective across all areas of the business.
- Ensure the Compliance Calendar is maintained, updated, current and effective across all areas of the business and that owners are aware of and have actioned key dates/events that could impact on the business.
- Develop, update and maintain key policies and procedures across the business ensuring they are both current and effective.
- Ensure a suitable Authorities matrix is in place across the business and that Decision Making Groups and employees are all aware of their respective authority limits.
- Maintain and update conflict of interest and compliance breach registers and ensure the contents are managed and reported appropriately.
- In conjunction with HR, ensure competency matrices are in place, updated and maintained across the business, identifying and reporting on gaps and overlaps.
- Identify, understand and be responsible for ensuring all areas of the business understand and implement the regulatory requirements of doing business in the territories that the Company operates in, including the General Good Provisions and local Conduct of Business regulations are complied with across the business and by the Company’s business partners.
- Be responsible for all aspects of regulatory reporting to the FCA in the UK and have oversight of regulatory reporting by the Company’s other branches, ensuring this is undertaken on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensure the Company has an effective and efficient complaints handling regime in place and that all complaints across the business are captured, recorded and reported on a timely basis.
- Ensure the Company is operating in accordance with 'TCF’ and Conduct of Business requirements in all its activities.
- Establish sources of compliance intelligence. Review, interpret and communicate forthcoming changes in regulation, identifying risks and issues and recommending options and actions to be taken by the Company to maintain regulatory compliance. Ensure agreed changes are implemented in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Head of Risk, Internal Audit and Brand and External Audit to ensure that compliance, risk and audit functions are effective and the 3 Lines of Defense model is effective across the entire business.
- Review new business opportunities and contribute towards their assessment from a compliance perspective.
- Be responsible for the on-going development, delivery, monitoring and management of compliance training across the business.
- Be responsible for ensuring the content of all customer facing communications and customer facing documentation is compliant, including promotional material, liaising with Technical teams and marketing teams accordingly.
- Respond and report to the Audit, Risk and Compliance Sub-committee on compliance matters a cross the business, identifying risks, issues and breaches.
- Attend and report on compliance matters to other Decision Making Group meetings as required.
- Undertake investigations and report findings on compliance breaches as required.
- Demonstrable track record of hands on front-line compliance management experience working for a general insurer and/or large intermediary with an extensive working history, preferably within UK and European markets.
- Integrity, honesty, reliability, completer finisher
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines (often tight)
- Comfortable presenting and reporting on compliance matters at all levels (up to board level)
- Able to work without close supervision.
- Demonstrates a commercial and practical application and 'can do’ approach but able and willing to say no.
- Experience of GDPR desirable
- Experience of working in a standalone capacity
This is very much a standalone role so you will be expected to take a cradle to grave approach covering all areas of compliance yourself with no direct reports (this could change moving forward).
On offer, a highly desirable salary of up to £120,000 per annum plus a full benefits package.
A legal qualification is highly desirable and experience in a similar role within an insurer is essential.