Group Financial Controller
A multinational manufacturing firm with head offices based near Dartford have instructed Nelson Chambers to search for Group Financial Controller, to report directly to the board.
This is a newly created role and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress to a full board member. This role will particularly suit candidates with experience within OMBs, SMEs or other highly entrepreneurial organisations.
It will be expected that you will take full ownership/accountability for all financial operations of the business and move the finance function in a "business partnering" model that adds value through challenging assumptions, providing detailed analysis, advice and clear communication.
You will manage and motivate a competent accounting team
Key deliverables include:
- Preparation of full statutory and management accounts
- Liaise with external suppliers including auditors
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts, commercial KPIs and business plans
- Managing all group tax
- Ownership and improvement of internal controls, systems and processes
To succeed in this role you will:
- Be a qualified accountant
- Have ambitions to become a full board director
- Be able to demonstrate tangible results in all the above deliverables
- Be able to undertake occasional international travel
- Have the gravitas to be a member of the senior leadership team of the business.