Senior / Principal Hybrids Controls Engineer
A Senior / Principal Hybrids Control engineer with experience the design & development of vehicle-level control strategies for hybrid or electric vehicles is required for a permanent employment opportunity with a leading international automotive, aerospace and defence technology company based in Cambridge.
The role is offering a salary up to £55,000 per annum based on years of relevant industry experience.
Our client is a global world-class, multi-industry consultancy for engineering, technology, project innovation and strategy. With a century of delivering value, our client employs over 2200 professional consultants, engineers and professional support functions world-wide.
- Supporting the definition of both vehicle-level functional requirements and control algorithm requirements specifications
- Design, implementation and verification of executable algorithms (generally using Simulink, Stateflow and embedded coder) and associated document
- Integration of algorithms with low-level software, hardware platform & vehicle systems
- Functional testing, refinement & calibration on vehicles
- Investigation and resolution of issues
- Using a range of test methods and tools including static model/code analysers, unit/module testing, communication bus analysers and system testing
- Technical negotiations with clients and support of commercial discussions
Skills / Experience Required
- Have a first or 2:1 degree in an engineering or software related discipline
- Design & development of vehicle-level control strategies for hybrid or electric vehicles
- A solid understanding of, and insight into, the requirements typically associated with such strategies and at least one example of software architecture to support their implementation
- Model based development using Matlab/Simulink & auto-coding
Knowledge/experience in one or more of the following areas would be advantageous, but not required:
- Experience of working on a project destined for series-production and an understanding of the associated processes required to ensure the necessary level of quality
- Awareness of functional safety, both with respect to necessary process steps & the particular requirements for hybrid vehicles
- Success in team and technical leadership for projects within the control software area
- Direct engagement with clients/external stake-holders on technical issues
Pension Plan, Private Health Care Contribution, Life Insurance, 25 Days Holiday
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information you can contact Stuart Higgins on +44 (0) or email
Keywords: simulink stateflow matlab model based design controls control embedded autocode generation hybrid controls engineer static model code unit testing module testing communication bus electric vehicles EV