Global Head of Web
Are you an experienced Web Manager, Digital Content Manager or Senior Digital Marketer looking for their next challenge?
Do you have experience managing a global website across: Strategy, Content Architecture, Search (SEO) & Analytics?
Do you want to be responsible for a global web footprint that covers 3 international brands?
Do you want to work for one of the fastest growing consumer technology businesses in the world?
Then this could be an exceptional opportunity for you!
We're working on behalf of one of the fastest growing consumer technology brands globally. They are looking to grow their Global Marketing team by adding a Global Head of Web. This role will report directly to the Global Director of Digital Marketing and will be responsible for owning the vision and global roadmap that delivers the brand proposition, content, product offering and content across all Business Units, core flow optimisation, as well as the overall web architecture to ensure that each site is world class, delivers what the customer and the business needs now and in the future and maximises the return of our huge volume of global traffic in downloads, revenue and engagement.
This role will be responsible for a team of 3 in the UK and work closely with the rest of the global team. This role will champion a growing brand and champion a digital mind-set and want to deliver a best in class website to the world.
The company is an up and coming consumer technology brand. On the consumer side they are known for their high quality and award winning Consumer Technology Products. This role is within the digital team which is responsible for driving the website globally and managing: Strategy, Content Architecture, Search (SEO) & Analytics Globally.
They are a global business and are looking to expand their teams significantly in the coming year with up-coming vacancies in digital, campaigns and communications to maintain their growth plans.
This role is responsible for championing the brand digitally, they are looking for someone to help the company become a renowned brand in a crowded digital market.
The company is a well-known brand within the consumer technology market and has big plans to grow and develop globally. Headquartered in Holborn they are easily commutable from all mainline London stations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create the vision for the websites ensuring they are world class.
- Own and deliver the overall website strategy and roadmap for each brand. This will include: consumer acquisition (download and first purchase revenue on desktop and mobile), Mobile, SMB, central marketing and brand, customer support, HR and other teams as needed.
- Work with the creative and content teams to ensure that each site is on brand, differentiating and that the relevant resource is allocated accordingly.
- Work with the insights and analytics teams to define a core set of metrics as well as gathering customer feedback to ensure the website continually meets customer and business needs.
Website Content, Architecture & SEO
- Look at the needs of the customer at this stage of the customer journey and grow out content to meet and exceed their expectations.
- Brief and drive online research requirements as needed.
- Own and manage the UX of our online web experiences (delivered with your team's UX resource).
- Define the overall web navigation and for non-consumer desktop pages eg SMB, mobile and corporate ensure that they are reflective of the brand and web architecture as a whole, by feeding into projects and development as needed with the relevant operational teams.
- Support the consumer content manager in the development of growing out richer content on the core website ensuring that it fits into the overall web architecture.
Website Optimisation for Core Flow & Analytics
- Working with web analytics and acquisition across relevant BUs, define the core flows and identify the key optimisation opportunities and create resource appropriate plans that tests both downloads and revenue by geo.
- Set up and ensure that core customer behaviour analytics are in place. Ensure these are shared appropriately across the teams.
Website - Brand & Creative & Best Practice
- Working with all the BU and central marketing teams, manage the most appropriate way to deliver and bring each brand proposition to life.
- Work with the creative teams to ensure that the overall look and feel of the websites remains fresh, testing new creative ideas and ensuring that each website delivers against the brand and supports the overall company vision to be best in class across its web properties.
- Drive ongoing improvement of each site.
- Matching against customer needs, develop the relevant content in the right format exploring more interactive, video and animation to drive engagement.
Website Delivery and best practice
- Develop the working processes that are needed between the creative and content teams for web delivery.
- Refine where needed the workflow with the web and digital delivery teams.
- Stay up to date with the latest in web design and development so that each site stays current, refreshing and is up to date.
Team Leadership, Management and Motivation
- Manage and motivate a team of 3 consisting of 2 senior web specialists and 1 senior web UX specialist.
Title: Global of Web
Salary: £75k - £90k dependent on experience
Benefits: Bonus & Benefits
The idea candidate will be a high-energy, ambitions digital marketing professional looking for the next step working for a global brand. Driven, resourceful and articulate - they will be someone who has an ability to make things happen.
- Several years of online web experience with some gained in the tech space- both online and in application or a comparable business
- Deep understanding of customer journey flows and web interactions
- Passion for the tech industry - a natural curiosity to find out what is happening and how to engage others in the story
- Ability to translate analytics and insights into user experience flow and content ideas to help achieve the business objectives
- International experience with additional languages is a bonus
- Ideally Degree qualified
** Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the EU**
Senior Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com